cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish / Freenetname Webmail now unreachable by Plusnet login.

arturox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Madasafish / Freenetname Webmail now unreachable by Plusnet login.

Well this is a farce worthy of  a West end show.

So Plusnet have shut off access to the Madasafish/Fnn Webmail and we are re-directed to a Plusnet login dialogue.

This will allow a login to the Generic junk mail box of the domain , but it will not login to either my own personal email box or the personal email box of my wife.

Additionally, I now have no access to my Madas/Fnn filter dialogues.

I'm aware Plusnet doesn't do filters, but the older Fnn filters I have still work and I want to check on the filtering of a couple of them.

I'm assuming the Madas/Fnn access has been consigned to a bin somewhere, so a couple of questions.

1) Entering my full email address  name@domain.co.uk, and the correct password for my personal mail box, just produces a "Login failed message" every time.

How do I get into my email box?

The same for the mailbox of SWMBO.

2) How do I get access to my Filter list?

Arturo X

9 REPLIES 9
arturox
Rising Star

Re: Madasafish / Freenetname Webmail now unreachable by Plusnet login.

Yesterday evening I thought I'd better see if the FNN filters I'd set back in the past were still working.

Even though I can't access the list of filters anymore, nor can I access webmail for my personal address box, I can send test emails that will be processed by the filters and then hopefully returned correctly to my mail client app.

All the test posts were correctly acted upon by the filters and returned, but all things considered, I'm beginning to wonder how long it will be before the old filters become inoperative.?

AX

arturox
Rising Star

The farce gets even better.

I contacted support and a ticket was generated... Whooop-de-do!

I received a posting today with the reasons why I can't access the mailboxes, and yes I do understand their reasoning.

However, I have a supplementary question about an unanswered bit of my original query, and this is where the farce gets even better.

I login to my main FNN account perfectly okay, (correct User and password are accepted) and click the appropriate place to access my ticket.

I'm  dumped out and asked to login again, I enter the exact same details as before but It will not accept  the name or password, and so the circle goes again, again...

Now what do I do?

AX

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

arturox wrote:

1) Entering my full email address  name@domain.co.uk, and the correct password for my personal mail box, just produces a "Login failed message" every time.

How do I get into my email box?

The same for the mailbox of SWMBO.

The password for the additional mailboxes is not necessarily the same as that used by the default address. If you haven't already, I would suggest you try logging into the Madasafish website (using the mail account details) and reset/change the password for the mailboxes you're having difficulty accessing:

additional-mailbox.jpg

2) How do I get access to my Filter list?

As you've observed, existing filters will continue to operate but you'll not be able to create any new ones as the functionality is not currently offered by the Plusnet Webmail platform Undecided

Regarding the support ticket problem, try browsing directly to this link when logged in.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

BillP

So why I am still being charges (albeit a small amount) for Madasafish access?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The charges are for email access and domain registration, regardless of the the platform used to access the service.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

arturox
Rising Star

I do understand why I can't use WebMail on the two personal mailboxes, because they are re-directed to our central mail collection place elsewhere.

so that part of my ticket is okay.

My current problem is, I still can't login to the ticket, all I get is:

"Invalid username or password. Please try again."

I had a chat wilth online Live support a week or so ago, the helpful geezer at the other end did some work, came back to me saying there was a fault in the system somewhere that wouldn't allow me to login.

He went away to chat with a supervisor. came back saying there was a fault and they'd generate a ticket from their end to look into it, it would take a few days then it should be okay.

It still is NOT.

Clicking the link in your posting got me into the ticket, but part 2  is still not answered.

With regard to the filters, I'm aware of the shortcomings of the Plusnet system, I don't want to change any filters, or create any new ones, I just want to see the existing filters so I can copy what I configured to use elsewhere.

Ax

Mayfly
All Star

Just to be clear, you are saying Bob that we still need to pay (the same) for MAAF just mail account even tho' we don't have access to the superior MAAF platform and now have to use the substandard PN webmail even tho' it has known problems?

Tibbie
Grafter

Yes the £20 per year or so, that Plusnet take under the Madasafish banner for what is now a substandard service.

Probably time to move my domains, methinks

Tibbie
Grafter

So, my domain emails have ceased to work again,(my email address was hacked last Saturday), got it up and running Saturday afternoon of sorts, but stopped at lunchtime today (incorrect password) 

Apparently the resolve time could be as late Thursday (in 4 days time), they know what the problem is.

The point I am getting at though is 

1 No update on my issue sent to my alternative address !!

2 Webmail does not work for mydomain.co.uk, so I cannot get into my accounts at all

Carry on PlusNet, our 14 year relationship could well be ending, along with my £60/month to you