cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Email Password Change problem

FIXED
Nick-fam-wat

Madasafish Email Password Change problem

I have used Madasafish for my email for as long as I can remember. I currently have an email only account with Plusnet so I can retain my madasafish email address and webspace email forwarding. Despite me having a Madasafish password which I know and use regularly for webmail it seems the password needed to reset the password is different? This morning I have tried to re-set my password using the password recovery page on the Madasafish webpage. I have tried several times but not received any email reset link through? 

9 REPLIES 9
KDevereux

Re: Madasafish Email Password Change problem

what ive found in the past is they send the email to the mailbox that you can no longer get into

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Nick-fam-wat

A warm welcome to the forums.

What leads you to need to reset the password?  Have you forgotten it or are you finding that the email program you are using is throwing a "password" error?  Have you tried logging into the mailbox using webmail?

"Network" issues can cause email connectivity problems.  For example, the SMTP servers will reject connection attempts (which 'express' as password errors) it your IP address has been black balled.

As noted above, it is not helpful that the password reset emails go to the mailbox you cannot access.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

KDevereux

Hi,

thanks for the reply. It was the engineer changing the password that was the problem. Most of the time it is impossible to get the support team to understand freenetname/madasafish/plusnet connection so they often deny it exists. 4th time I got lucky and a very helpful young lady understood straight away and changed the password while I was on the phone and I’m now back in. And they had sent details to the inaccessible mailbox.

TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Fix

Hey KD,

Would it be possbile to try and reset you password via https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/summary/

Let us know how you get on

Regards

Kev

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
alunmatthews

Hi, this is my first post. I also have the problem in changing my e-mail password but the fix does not work because Madasafish does not now recognise my own domain name but does allow me to request a password change on my username@freenetname email address which I do not have access to via PlusNet.

I am receiving and sending e-mails from my domain, now hosted by PlusNet, but have no ability to manage the account.

Please help.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @alunmatthews and welcome to the forums!

Would you mind sending me a PM with the freenetname email address and I can take a look? You should still be able to access the @freenetname account via our own Webmail site (webmail.plus.net) but if you're unable to change the password I can have a look my side. Any domains should also tie in with the account, but that's dependent on whether it's either a Plusnet or Madasafish (as this includes freenetname too) domain.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
Rikki7

Hi Sorry I am having a similar issue.  I am receiving emails but cannot send.  Unfortunately I cannot remember my password and the reset option doesn't appear to help.  Email are not sending from my phone or laptop via Thunderbird.  Any suggestions please?  Thanks

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @Rikki7

Sorry to hear that. Can you please check if you are able to send and receive emails on webmail? If yes - then most likely there is something wrong in your email client settings.

Please check settings in your email client:

Username: Your full email address
Password: Your mailbox password

POP3 Incoming mail server: mail.ic24.net
POP3 Incoming mail server port: 110

Or

IMAP server(if IMAP is used): mail.ic24.net
IMAP server port: 143

SMTP Outgoing mail server: mail.ic24.net
SMTP Outgoing mail server port: 25

Millsir999

Hi, I'm having issues with passwords errors why trying to access my madasafish email account. I know I haven't changed the password.

Are you able to help