Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAAF email keeps timing out

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

MAAF email keeps timing out

Log in to the MAAF email server ok but sometimes when changing folders it tells me I've timed out due to 30 mins inactivity - 30 seconds more like! and I have to log back in again. It was particularly bad 10 minutes ago.

It doesn't happen all the but is staring to irritate me.

6 REPLIES 6
peejay
Grafter

Re: MAAF email keeps timing out

@Mayfly

Same problem experienced here but simply clicking on a new email via desktop or touching on a tablet just logs me out. Using MAAF platform to retain totalise email address at £20 plus p.a. but do not wish to port address book to PN platform as this would defeat the object of retaining the email address. Using email in the PN platform presents no problem. Historically on MAAF the server had to have a [-Censored-] good kick to rectify the situation but soon lapsed back to its errant ways. Probably a sheer coincidence but premature logouts seem to happening to many people on various platforms since the "Community" site became a goer. Perhaps it's just the cynic in me?

Peter

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The new Community Site is hosted on a completely separate network to Webmail. We have recently put the Webmail servers behind new load balancers though and I think there are a few teething issues affecting performance.

@peejay has alluded to it, but you can log into your MAAF email address using the Plusnet Webmail platform if that's any easier?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mayfly
All Star

The problem with that is Bob any emails directed to additional folders aren't showing. Only the standard junk & deleted etc.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

When were the new load balancers introduced please @bobpullen ?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Mayfly wrote:

The problem with that is Bob any emails directed to additional folders aren't showing. Only the standard junk & deleted etc.

Personal Settings > Folders, then tick the folders you would like visibility of to subscribe to them:

webmail-folders.JPG

@Anotherone wrote:

When were the new load balancers introduced please @bobpullen ?

The portal servers were moved behind them this morning. Some of our internal systems at the end of last month, and Homepages and Webmail last Wednesday I think.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mayfly
All Star

Thanks Bob - didn't know that. Smiley