cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost folders but mailbox is within 1GB limit

AA2

Lost folders but mailbox is within 1GB limit

I have just contacted customer services as I have lost all the folders in my account.

I was last contacted by Plusnet on 16/1 to tell me the total size of my mailboxes was 909MB.

The assistant, [CSA Removed], confirmed my mail had not been archived but he could not resolve the problem and has referred it to the Network Admin Team. He told me I can expect a reply within 5 days!!

Plusnet - this is not acceptable.  I have not exceeded by mailbox limit and now have to wait upto 5 days to get an explanation as to why I can not access any of my emails except the few I have in my inbox, sent box or trash.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Lost folders but mailbox is within 1GB limit

Thanks for your post @AA2 

I've checked this for you and there's nothing I can see which has removed your folders from our side. I'd recommend first making sure your folders aren't hidden from view, to check this I've included some instructions below:

1. Login to your emails at http://webmail.plus.net
  2. Click on Settings at the top right of your screen
  3. Click on the Folders tab
  4. Make sure all the folders are ticked

If you're still not seeing your folders can you advise whether you've got your emails set up on a mail client? It may be possible that a mail client is automatically removing emails/folders from the server once it's downloaded them to itself.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AA2

Hi Gandalf

THANK YOU for getting back to me next day.  Plusnet's five day standard is just too long but I have found previously that posting queries on this forum often gets a quicker response.

Your suggestion to reset my settings has thankfully worked but I'm bemused as to why the settings spontaneously reset in the first place - never had this issue before?  

Anyway, all sorted - many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @AA2 

No problem and I'm glad to see that's sorted it out now. I'd actually had expected the technical support adviser to have been able to go through that with you when you were on the phone so I'm sorry for the experience you've had on that occasion, as there may have been a bit of a knowledge gap I'll make sure some feedback is passed on about that.

It's a mystery as to why the folders had hidden themselves, but if it happens again you know where to start now. Smiley

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet