Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of e-mail on legacy account

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Loss of e-mail on legacy account

The history bit...

I have what could be termed as a 'legacy account' with Plusnet. It was an account running on ADSL, but t was migrated to an e-mail only account when I made a move of house to somewhere which already a broadband connection - which couldn't be dropped - and which also included renting out a house and the tennant wanted their own provision. There was a lapse of somehere around six months before I was in a position to re-establish that account in a third property. But there was no facility to re-instate that e-mail only account to one which would also carry a ADSL connection. Thus I had to open a new account. Which I have used since then. And have received the odd e-mail to the old 'e-mail only' account.

The current bit...

Plusnet still appear to be the registrant of a domain which went with that legacy account.

The website for that domain is still there.

However...

The e-mail for the legacy account and the hosted domain now appear to have vaporised. Plusnet have registered details (like home address) for the account. I have never, ever received communication either by e-mail or snail mail.

Logging into the account on the Plusnet web portal does not give any options on e-mail management, so I'm having to assume that they are silently dropping any incoming mail to the legacy account and the domain. Not that it ever received a great deal of mail. But there are some who have those addresses.

Admittedly it was a mail-only account, and there was (historically) a monthly fee for such an account. Plusnet subsequently decided to drop this charge (possibly because the overhead of managing the charges was not financially viable). I would have been happy to carry on paying, but that wasn't my decision. However I think there may still have been a contract in place.

I'm just an ever-so-slightly bit miffed.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Loss of e-mail on legacy account

Does the link here allow you to manage your domains and the one here to manage your e-mail?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
choughtosh

Hi Gandalf, 

I'm in a similar position to greygit1.  The domain line works for me, but not the email access link.  Could you check the email link?

Rob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Do you receive any particular error when trying to use it?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
choughtosh

Thank you for quick reply.

I get the following message...

"If you are an existing customer
Unfortunately, this feature is not available with your current account. To raise any queries and to upgrade your account, please use the Contact Us tool here at the Portal

If you have recently joined PlusNet
It may take up to 30 minutes until you can access this feature of your account. Please try again later. Go back"

I'll can contact Plusnet using the tool.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@choughtosh hmm, could you try going to https://www.plus.net/email instead? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
choughtosh

That works.  Thanks!

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Most of this was brought about by some personal stupidity (and an unsucessful 'upgrade' to the mail client)

However the legacy account (when I log into the web interface) is lacking any configuration options. The account appears to be in one of those states that Plusnet majors in Smiley

As far as I'm currently concerned this is (majorly) resolved.