Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login failure messages

Routefinder
Grafter

Login failure messages

Hi all

Every so often I get login errors when Outlook checks emails................they normally are random and don't last long.

However, this current occasion has been happening for the past few hours but not apparently on all my mailboxes.

The error is showing as:-

"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR Login failed.' "

Though I have not checked the error my other half had her iPad email client reporting a login error to her mailbox.

I am hoping PN email error corrects itself overnight but just what has been the problem and has anyone else been seeing the same issue???

TIA 

3 REPLIES 3
Tigger
Rising Star

Re: Login failure messages

Yes, same here. Nice to know it's not just me!

sharpar

I was having the same problem, but just seems to have cleared as all emails coming through ok now

Routefinder
Grafter

Thanks both for confirming that I was not the only one having the issue Smiley

Likewise all is well now but as mentioned I have seen the issue a good few times before and still wonder why it happens especially as this time it lasted for a few hours!

Oddly(?) each time I noticed it, the PN service status for email services showed no current or fixed recent problems that corresponded with the incidents.

So if email services are 100% then why does the login failure error not show as an issue.

@Gandalf do you have any idea why we have such a (minor?) irritating issue every so often???