cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Failed...

cuke
Grafter

Login Failed...

Any reason why this should be happening today?

Cheers,

Chris

14 REPLIES 14
cuke
Grafter

Re: Login Failed...

Apologies and I should have put in more details. I am using webmail, as a non-paying email subscriber can. If I use the basic webmail I get this error Unknown user or password incorrect. Have checked both and they are correct.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Does login still fail if you try normal webmail rather than basic? If you send a message to the affected address does it bounce?

Giving technical support a call is probably the way to a solution.

David
cuke
Grafter

Hi and many thanks for yourreply. Yes login issues with both normal and basic, will support be able to help a non-paying customer, for the amount they charge it might be better to subscribe to the email system, then I can use outlook...

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Have you tried sending an email to the account? Just wondering if the account email address still exists.

If it does and you regain access you can still use Outlook for reading emails, but the outgoing server for replies would have to be that of your current provider. The sender identity can be set to your Plusnet address as long as your provider allows other domain addresses.

David
cuke
Grafter

I have and it doesn't bounce back, thank god. I think I might need to reset my password but how do I do this without a working email. Anyone from plusnet care to help me?

I've tried using Outlook but it will not connect to the receive. I am using Sky so any clues to the setup?

B_DgeR

I'm having the same problem since yesterday. I've sent an email from a different account and it hasn't bounced back; If my password has been changed by plusnet should I have been informed? How do I get a change of password email sent to an address I can access?

spraxyt
Resting Legend

@cuke Which "Outlook" have you tried? Microsoft seem partial to use this name for applications on different platforms. I think the "Outlook" app for android insists on using an SSL/TLS connection which Plusnet do not currently support.

Which server are you trying to connect to? For Plusnet these are imap.plus.net for IMAP on port 143, or mail.plus.net for POP3 on port 110.

However you will need the password problem resolving which I think will need a call to support.

David
cuke
Grafter

I am using 2013 on my win 10 desktop at home. I tried ringing their cs today but it was a 15 minute waiting list so gave up. All PN need to do is send me a link to a password reset page and it could be resolved as I think my password has been changed, suspect a hack?

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Login details for the default email account are the same as those to login to the Member Centre. This is at https://www.plus.net/index_portal.html?home=login and a forgotten my password link is on that page. However I think that will email a reset link to you; is your contact address different from your Plusnet email address?

David
cuke
Grafter

Hi again, unfortunately the member centre login fails as well, I think this might be due to only having a email account with plusnet. Yes my password reset doesn't work either.

As I said surely plusnet can reset my password then send me to a reset page?

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Authenticating the request is important; I think you will have to contact Customer Services to get the problem resolved.

David
cuke
Grafter

Spoke to PlusNet via the online chat tool and I failed all of the security checks, which is weird as I know which address's we last had this ISP in. Upshot of it is they want to speak to my partner now, whose name the account was in, over the phone.

cuke
Grafter

Having said this I am still concerned that my account has been hacked...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Are you sure you're trying to log into the Member Centre using the default account password and not the mailbox password? From what I can tell, you're not logging into/using the default email account, it's an additional mailbox you're struggling with.

The default username is not in the format of an email address, and the password is not necessarily the same as that for the additional mailbox you log into when checking your email.

If you can get into the Member Centre, then you can reset mailbox passwords here.

If not, it seems the only route forward is to get the account holder to get in touch with support.

Edit: to allay your fears, it doesn't look like there have been any password/address changes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵