cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged in ok, but can't see any e-mails

Proactive

Logged in ok, but can't see any e-mails

Hi,
I am able to log into my webmail account with no problems, but none of my e-mails are visible. I can see the header details of how many pages of e-mails there are for each of the folders (inbox, Sent etc).
why can't i see my e-mails?
I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 7 and installed Norton 360 Gold. Is the problem caused by either of these and Squirrel Mail?
(E-mails are viewable on my iPhone)
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Logged in ok, but can't see any e-mails

How did you configure your iPhone
Did you set it up as POP3 or IMAP. If POP3 then the emails would have been downloaded* to the iphone and removed from your mailbox thus webmail would not see anything. IMAP leaves the emails in your mailbox and downloads a copy to the iphone so webmail would also see them.
* unless you configured the iphone so emails are left on the server so webmail would see them in this case.
Proactive

I don't download to my iPhone, simply use safari to log onto Plusnet.  Tried a different computer today and I have the same problem. So not an issue with Windows 7 or Norton 360. 
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I can replicate the issue here too. Not something I've come across before if I'm honest and I can see the emails if I telnet to the server using IMAP. I've created a support ticket on your account asking our network folk to see what they make of it...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

OK, after a bit more digging it transpires that we've already a problem open about this (ref: 59366). It's to do with the way Squirrelmail decrypts information in the database it uses via a username hash. You can work around the problem by entering your username with a capital 'P' (odd I know but it does work - I've just tried it!)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵