Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of incoming webmail

FIXED
evelia
Dabbler

Re: Location of incoming webmail

Hello again. I use Outlook for email and it is set up as POP3 not IMAP. Incoming mailserver mail.freenetname.co.uk and outgoing mailserver  SMTPmail.freenetname.co.uk

Expanding the problem a little, I send all emails out no problem from Outlook.

The only one that will come back to Outlook inbox is if I address one to myself.

ALL other incoming email does not appear ANYWHERE in Outlook and ONLY appears in PlusNet WEBMAIL junk folder. Moving it manually from Junk folder to inbox on WEBmail instantly sends it also to OUTLOOK inbox. 

Hope this helps. Thankyou again.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks, that's useful background. It looks like the mapping from Freenetname to Plusnet mail storage might not be correct. Hopefully a mail support team member will pick this up on Monday and resolve the problem.

David
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've passed this to our mail teal to investigate.

We'll update you as soon as we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
evelia
Dabbler

Hi Guys, Any progress? It's been a week now. I am still only receiving emails into my WEBMAIL JUNK folder, and having to re-distribute them from there. ( They are NOT marked as spam ).

This is a complete pain now !!!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you PM me which mailbox / address this is affecting and supply headers from an affected email so we can analyse this.?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
evelia
Dabbler

Details submitted in a PM to you as per your request.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

That's been passed to the relevant people to investigate.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looks like this is fixed now.

I'm wondering whether or not the legacy 'safe mail' feature or some other filtering was enabled on the old Madasafish Webmail platform before your account was migrated across to the Plusnet Webmail system. That would certainly explain why all messages might have ended up in the Junk folder.

Anyway, shout up should the problem continue.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

evelia
Dabbler

Emails now going happily to my Outlook and Gmail inboxes. The only place they DON'T go strangely, is my PlusNet Email inbox, but I guess I can live with that if you can't fix that also. Thank you for your efforts for me.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

You mentioned in an earlier post that you used POP3 with Outlook to collect mail. The default setting is usually to delete messages from the server after collection. Unless you've changed this collected messages will no longer show in webmail.

David
evelia
Dabbler

Hi David, Thanks for the message, but you missed the point.

I collect emails ( Outlook POP 3 ) no problem. Happy with that.

The messages DO stay on PlusNet WEBmail. No problem, happy with that.

The messages do NOT go to my PlusNet EMAIL inbox ( as opposed to WEBmail inbox ).

However, as I said, I can live with that if you can't fix it.

Would be nice to get a response to this.

Evelia

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

What is the difference, as you see it, between the webmail and the PlusNet inbox?
For most people reading this they are both the same thing. Maybe a bit more explaining is required.
That's RPM to you!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think this is a matter of terminology. The OP mentioned in Reply #16 having a freenetname email address and I assume it is that inbox which is being accessed using Plusnet Webmail (https://webmail.plus.net) and referred to as the "Webmail inbox".

However it looks like the OP also has a Plusnet account with accountname.plus.com email address and it is the inbox for that account which is being referred to as the "Plusnet Email inbox".

The Plusnet and freenetname mail stores will be physically separate so I would expect freenetname emails not to appear in the Plusnet account inbox (or vice-versa). However that needs to be confirmed by a staff member.

David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@spraxyt, your assumption is correct. The Plusnet email address and the Freenetname address are entirely separate. They can both be accessed via the Plusnet Email interface (and a separate mail client like Outlook), but the login and server credentials for each address are different).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

evelia
Dabbler

Thanks David, all you say is correct. The only thing that my ( logical ) mind was having difficulty in accepting was the fact that now the fix is in place, and working, the webmails are now automatically not only going to my Outlook inbox but also to my Gmail inbox ( which I see as a totally separate entity ), but NOT to the username.plus.com location.  However, I am happy to accept the end result, and thankyou very much.  I will try to learn more about this. I appreciate your efforts made on my behalf.