Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of incoming webmail

FIXED
evelia
Dabbler

Location of incoming webmail

Sorry if this is simple guys, but I have tried. All my incoming mail messages arrive into the Junk folder in Webmail. I then have to manually move them to the Inbox.  How can I make them arrive into the Inbox first Huh  Thanks very much.

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Location of incoming webmail

They've been marked as junk by yourself or the system at some point and so are going directly to the junk folder.

Go to the junk folder and right click any messages you don't want to go to junk as "not spam".

Edit: Included image so you can see what I'm talking about.

Screenshot from 2017-05-30 23-51-14.png

If you want to mass un-junk mail, select the check box beside each message to select multiple mail messages and then right click one and select "not spam" and it should remove them from junk.

evelia
Dabbler

bjallenby:. Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. However, I think you missed the point slightly. I know I can manually move them as not spam or redirect/ delete or whatever from the junk folder, but I don't want to do this for EVERY incoming mail. I need them to go DIRECTLY to Inbox. I didn't request them to go to "Junk" so I guess the system did, as you implied. How do I re-set the destination to Inbox please. Thanks again for your effort for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By marking them "not spam" it tells the system they are not spam and shouldn't be sent to the spam or junk folder. That's it. Any new incoming messages coming from the sender that was previously marked as spam, should then not be marked as spam and should go directly to your inbox.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

There is an option to have spam marked messages delivered directly into inbox.
Go to PlusNet members centre } Email settings } Manage my mail } Spam tab. Scroll down to the section "How would you like us to deal with messages identified as spam?"
After selecting inbox, make sure you remember to scroll to the bottom and click on Update Settings. It takes 30 mins for it to take effect.
That's RPM to you!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@evelia

Do you literally mean that *every* email you receive ends up in the Junk folder? If this is the case do they all come from the same person, all include links to a particular website, or in some way include text that could be interpreted as characteristic of spam?

I wonder if there is something wrong with the email configuration on your account that a reset might fix. This would have to be done by a Customer Service Agent.

David
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

I have moved this to the Email board as per @spraxyt's summation.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is it possible that (in the past) you've used "move to junk folder" when you've intended to DELETE the email? I caught one of my referrals doing this recently ... then he wondered why he was not seeing emails from some people!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

evelia
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply. Yes EVERY email, no matter what or from whom, attachments or not. EVERY one. Why does the reset have to be done by a Customer Service Agent ?. I am reasonably computer literate and can fix most problems, just ( aggravatingly ) not this one.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

As far as I'm aware there are no email settings under your own control which could cause all emails to go straight into the junk (spam) folder. Hence my thoughts that it needed Plusnet to look over your account settings (on their systems), hopefully spot something amiss and do whatever was necessary to fix the problem.

If your Manage My Mail settings for spam have the standard defaults do all your incoming emails have [-SPAM-] added to the subject line?

David
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I can't spot anything out of place on the account/mail settings. I've refreshed the mailbox component of the account in the hopes this may fix the issue, however if you're still experiencing problems with everything going to the spam/junk folder, I may need to ask around a few colleagues with more mail knowledge than myself, next week for further advice.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
evelia
Dabbler

Thanks for your efforts. ( I should be more humble about my abilities ! ). Settings are the default settings for Manage my Mail. No, none of my incoming emails have  (-SPAM-) in the subject lines, but all come in to the JUNK Folder. I will run a few more tests and then ask PlusNet for help. Thankyou.

evelia
Dabbler

Thanks Harry B. I will run a few checks over the coming days, inviting friends to submit various emails, and see what happens. Then I will report back. Thankyou.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks @evelia, let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend

@evelia wrote:

... No, none of my incoming emails have  (-SPAM-) in the subject lines, but all come in to the JUNK Folder.

As well as webmail do you access your messages using IMAP with an email client like Thunderbird or Outlook or a mobile device? Lack of [-SPAM-] tagging makes me wonder if there's a spam filter in a client like these that's moving new messages from Inbox to Spam.

David