cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Mail - can I go back?

Not applicable

Live Mail - can I go back?

Big mistake - I downloaded WLM 2011 with the last lot of updates and did not realise how big a difference there is.
I had just got the other one nicely set up and this one comes along - too complicated and with all the bells and whistles that I just don't need or want.
Question - can I go back?
Please don't suggest TB - don't like it really and it doesn't do what I want.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Live Mail - can I go back?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

At least Messenger's got a 'Switch to Compact View' button Shocked
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

Not too keen on SR as it messes up my Kaspersky but if there is nothing else for it then I will have to look sharp and get on with the job ASAP.
Thanks for the info.
Not applicable

Not able to do system restore - tried it with different points and with Kaspersky turned off.
Message as attached.  Will therefore have to uninstall 2011 and re-download the previous version.
Has anyone any other suggestions please?
Also, where can I get the older version?
community
Grafter

Yesterday, I had to spend a lot of time trying to get back my Firefox earlier version which suddenly went to the new version without my permission!
That was traumatic because I had set up "Fast Dial" exactly as I wanted it BUT the new version is not compatible with FastDial unfortunately I lost all my settings.
In a rage I uninstalled all the Firefox apps and went back to IE8....mistake......it is snail pace slow......not as bad as Squirrel however, but I want my Fast Dial Back Cry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For future reference
System restore only works in safe mode when you have Kaspersky installed
Not applicable

I forgot to say that I did try it twice in safe mode with exactly the same result. 
I have just found the set up icon for Windows Live in my downloads folder so I think that I will have
to uninstall 2011 and reinstall that.
Quick update - have decided to leave it alone.  Had a play and got rid of the ribbon - using Quick Access Toolbar and have added all the things I need to that so it looks clean and simple.  Seems to be quicker loading and in opening a new message/reply to message so that is an advantage.  Still don't know why SR stalled but not to worry.
Will therefore close question now.
Thanks for input.