cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Mailboxes to Domains

sportive

Linking Mailboxes to Domains

Hi,
Not sure whether this should be here or in the Domains & Hosting forum but I need to find a way of ensuring I have separate mailboxes for each of the 3 domains that I have hosted.
Seems simple but for the last few years all the e-mail to the domains has been going to my default mailbox and then filtered once downloaded. However I can't find any way of simply setting up a mailbox and linking it to a specific domain. If I try to go the member section for configuring domains I just get an error page telling me there might be a temporary fault and to try again later. I am now still trying 2 weeks later!
All I want is for:
anything@domain1.co.uk to go to mailbox 1
anything@domain2.co.uk to go to mailbox 2
anything@domain3.co.uk to go to mailbox 3
Any advice would be gratefully received!
Andrew
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Linking Mailboxes to Domains

AFAIK it isn't possible - I asked for this sometime ago and it never happened as it was in the too difficult category
Example I wanted me@username.plus.com to go to a separate mailbox from me@username.co.uk
The problem is that email coming into all the domains goes into a single pot and is then sorted by mailbox name with the domain name ignored
sportive

Oh well, it seemed to me as if it should be easy to do!
Is it worth asking again do you think? How long ago did you raise the question?
Thanks anyway
Andrew
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

hadden
Grafter

...and at the Usergroup... here  Sad
sportive

I raised a ticket anyway and the answer is still "no". There is also no way of setting up any delivery rules on the Plusnet side either so it looks like everything still has to be sorted out on the client side.  Sad
itsme
Grafter

Where have you got you domains registered. If you use  the likes of Fasthosts would their email forwarding do want you want? http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/domains/features-pricing/email-forwarding/