cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitmate emails to plusnet blocked due to spam causing issues to buisness

Stevebr

Legitmate emails to plusnet blocked due to spam causing issues to buisness

Hi,

Emails being sent to plusnet email addresses our company are being blocked as spam with the following message:

Failed [host mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200] said: 552 Spam Message Rejected (in reply to end of DATA command)]                      

This has happened since the 16th June, this is a legitimate business address and is affecting business emails being sent to customers.

Does anyone know how to contact the postmaster to resolve this

8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Legitmate emails to plusnet blocked due to spam causing issues to buisness

If you can direct message me with the IP address(es) of your mail server and an example of one of the emails that's being rejected then I should be able to get the issue sorted for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

minchmike

Our golf club use Intelligent Golf to run the club.  It would appear that we are suffering the same problem with emails to and from the system using a Plusnet address are being blocked.  Can it be fixed?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This could be an issue with YOUR email service (MTA).

It would be wise to check out your domain against a black list checker such as - http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx - this site has a lot of tools to help you discover the health of your own domain - for example, does it has an SPF1 record which inhibits your domain's email addresses from being spoofed?

Here is a report of my domain hosted by PlusNet... there's room for some improvement here! Shocked

Capture Domain Check.JPG

There are measures being put in place by many of the ISPs but sometimes this can fall foul of originating email services not being proactive in helping to mitigate propagation of SPAM - for example Virgin ran into issues when it sought to protect its user base from the increasing risk of SPAM - see the 5th post here - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Opt-out-of-of-SPF-authentication/td-p/2993853

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

simon505

We are getting responses like below when sending to your domains emails

Failed [host mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200] said: 552 Spam Message Rejected (in reply to end of DATA command)]     

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Simon,

A warm welcome tot he forums.  If Plusnet's spam filtering service has reasons to be concerned about inbound emails, they will be rejected.  It would help if you could post the response email headers here (redacting personal stuff) so that a staff member can look more closely at the issue.

What happens if you send an "empty" test email containing no URLs etc.?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Simon's been in touch over PM and the issue is now resolved.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Hector99
Hooked
Fixes: 1

An email to a regularly used valid plusnet address returns an error:

The mail system

mail@xxxxxx.plus.com: host mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200] said: 552
    Spam Message Rejected  (in reply to end of DATA command)

Yet when it is subsequently forwarded to the very same address goes though ok. Can anyone help?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you private message me with the email content you're sending please, I'd need to see any URLs that are included too.

Please send me a private message

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.