cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet & keeping email address

FIXED
Boris45

Leaving Plusnet & keeping email address

I'm trying to help a relative - he's come to live with us as he can't manage on his own. I've cancelled his home phone and broadband and asked to keep the email sevice. I got a message to say the cancellation would happen but no mention  of email account. When I replied to this I got an auto response to saying no-one read these messages. What happens next? I really need to be sure his email is kept "live" to help him sort out his affairs.

And maybe a simpler question - When I open a plusnet email (webmail) it displays OK - when I want to reply the original message appears with lots of code. How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Leaving Plusnet & keeping email address

Fix

Hi there,

We'll need to allow the cancellation to go through before we're able to change the account to email only, as the cancellation will generate the final bill and ensure he's not billed following that.

Once the cancellation does happen, while his emails will stop working, we'll then need to reactivate his account, he'll need to re-setup his mailboxes by going to Manage My Mail Here and he should be up and running again.

I recommend asking him to log into the Manage My Mail before the account is cancelled to make a note of all the mailboxes and settings he's got as it'll be easier to re-setup them up after. 

Sorry for the hassle this causes, feel free to PM me his username and I'll be happy to keep an eye on this and call him back (or you if you're an authorised user on his account) to arrange this. 

With regards to replying to an original message in webmail showing a lot of code, could you post up a screenshot to illustrate this? Just make sure you don't include any account specific information in the screenshot like email addresses etc. 

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Boris45

Thanks Gandalf. I'll wait for the cancellation to go through and take it from there. I took screenshots of his settings.

The second problem is solved The messages now appear the same in Inbox and Post Reply. I stiil don't know what was wrong before but I had tried various settings withouut success

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, keep me posted on how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Boris45

Another big thumbs up to Gandalf for patiently fixing my problems by PM

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the post back @Boris45 no problem at all, always happy to help where I can. 

Let me know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet