cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping plusnet email

FIXED
Sarabee1

Keeping plusnet email

There are a number of posts all last year saying that you can keep the webmail only service if you switch providers and its free.

Today I rang plusnet and they said you can't do this (she didn't know so asked manager and that's what she said).

I've started the mammoth task of migrating old emails and changing login details but it's a nightmare.

I'm really hoping someone on here can tell me she is wrong and I can retain the webmail only service!
13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Keeping plusnet email

@Sarabee1 Welcome to the forums. I don't know (a) when you left PN or (b) if you have, but there may be a way out of this. If you have not left yet, or have done so only in the recent past and you account is still live, call again, and ask if KBMS3349 is still in operation.

John
Sarabee1

Thanks. My email is due to transfer over 23rd Feb so I'll try this today. Thanks.

Looking at other posts on here about plusnet closing webmail service down, maybe they are stepping away from this?
jab1
Legend

I can't confirm or deny your suspicions, but current information suggests that nothing has been decided yet. AFAIK, it should still be possible. The other posts you refer to were ill-informed speculation.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

On the last occasion the super users queried this subject the situation remained unchanged. Email service may still be retained on departing though clearly from a business perspective providing any service for no revenue is not ideal, so one might understand the discouragement? The referred to knowledge article still stands.

The other angle here remains unchanged also - in the absence of public communication there is no change to the status of the email service. The authority here on this subject is @JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

This is a change we are looking to make, however I don't think that change has gone live yet, but I might have missed it. I've asked for the information and will update next week if that change has indeed gone live.

edit

@jab1  We know longer use KBMS and many articles are now out of date. Our new Knowledge based system is called Albert, I don't work Friday's but I've asked a colleague to tell me what Albert says on the matter and I'll update here.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
JonoH
Hero

Hi @Sarabee1 just to confirm that you absolutely can keep your email address after you leave us.

Really sorry for the inconvenience, one of our friendly team members will be along shortly who'll confirm on your account that you can retain the address, and make sure that the process runs smoothly.

Jono H
jab1
Legend

@JonoH OK - when was Albert born?😉 I was going on information received when I left.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH

Thanks for catching on your day off.

When known might you share Albert’s reference please? I can then update my boiler plate guidance on this.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

They don't really have reference numbers, I don't think. Instead they're under heading in process flows. This one is under the heading "Keeping Email" and says

Keeping E-Mail

When a customer requests cancellation they have to be made aware that they will also lose their email address(es).

If they are a Plusnet customer and wish to keep their email address they must specifically request this; otherwise, it will be lost. Any Non-Plusnet customers (John Lewis, FreeOnline etc.) will not be able to keep their email address.

If the customer wants to keep their email address after the account closure, raise a ticket to CSC – Real Time Cancellation to note this. Place the ticket on hold until the chosen cease date.

Make the customer aware they will lose access to their emails for up to 5 working days.

If a customer requests a mail only account after their account has been closed, and it will not requested before the account's closure, we are unable to restore it.

Albert will always be the most up to date knowledge for our agents, all projects that touch process flows must ensure Albert is changed in advance, or scheduled to change with the new change. We are moving away from letting customers retain email addresses with us after they leave (almost certainly won't include customers already on email only, just new leavers) and this information will change at that point.

Jono H
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@JonoH 

I am in a similar position to @Sarabee1 , I am due to leave Plusnet on 21st Feb. I rang customer service explaining that I wanted to keep my email, and there is a support question on my account. However the entry appears to be merely a record of the request, there doesn't appear to be a review point or a flag for further action. I am concerned that my request will not be actioned.

I would be grateful if you could confirm my request will be dealt with.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No need to worry @maranello

The ticket is on hold until the date that the account is due to be closed, and will pop back up in our workflow for our team to pick up. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Fix

Thanks @adam945 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Sarabee1

Just to update, I got a letter from plusnet about the account closure yesterday, which clearly stated I could keep my account if I got in touch. I rang and this time the agent knew the right process and raised a ticket to reinstate the account after the transfer has taken place. A huge relief as I have 100s of login details to move from one email to the other.

Thank you all. Really helpful forum.