Did you mean: 

Keeping mail domain after leaving PN

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Keeping mail domain after leaving PN

Thanks for getting back to me @norush 

You won't need to actually use your emails if we are successful.

No problem though if you don't want me to try it on your account. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
norush
Grafter

I'm intrigued Anoush; tell me more! I left Idnet about 10 years ago and they were happy for me to carry on using a couple of @idnet.com addresses; they did warn me though, that if I didn't use them, I'd lose them. I use Outlook as my email client and it just works like a charm.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Plusnet are content to do the same, though they do not get a significant number of requests to do so, which is why some agents do not know that it is possible and further that is it now free.  That is why I had changed my boiler-plate advice for this subject quite recently.  There are over 1500 support agents, not all of them know everything, especially the somewhat obscure matters, which is why, working with @Gandalf the advice now refers to the relevant work instruction.

As Anoush indicated, there are some unused automated tools for running this process which it would be helpful to be able to review on an account which is terminating.  Given that you have indicated no continued requirement for your email service, it would be of some help if, when you have left and you've not changed your mind, Anoush might use your account to "exercise" the email only account resurrection tools ... with the honest caveat that it might fail and the email service be lost forever.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @norush Not sure that I entirely follow what you've said. If you're wanting to keep your emails I can arrange this when your account's cancelled through the usual way, but if you're not and you're happy for me to do a bit of testing with your account, let me know Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
norush
Grafter

Sorry I didn't make it clear Anoush; yes I'm happy for you to do whatever with my account, and no, I don't require my email accounts. I was just curious as to how you were intending to do it!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah I see, no problem @norush 

I've set a marker on your account to keep it active as a free one once the cancellation completes.

I'll check back afterwards to see if that's had the desired effect.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet