cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping email address after leaving

westridge

Keeping email address after leaving

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help.

I spoke to customer support a while ago as I was cancelling my PlusNet account due to moving to a new house with broadband included, I was told at the time that I could keep my PlusNet email address on a free email only account if I called sales and requested it after cancelling.

I called PlusNet again today to setup the free email account and the guy I spoke to said they haven't done free email accounts for years now, and my address would be deleted unless I signed back up to a broadband package!

Could someone please help me clarify who is and isn't telling the truth? If I'd have known I couldn't keep my email address I would have spent the last few weeks telling everyone it was changing, now I only have a few hours!

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Keeping email address after leaving

Hi @westridge 

I think the following will answer your question it is just a matter of searching for the right answer.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Email-Only-Account-not-yet-Activated/td-p/1748717

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Get back to them - so long as your account is still live, you can request a 'mail-only' account when your contract is closed.

You will be without email for a short while, though.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Make the request via the “I’m thinking of leaving” option.

Unfortunately the advisor was completely wrong!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.