Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Windows Live Mail and Plusnet Webmail

brandnewcustome
Dabbler

Issue with Windows Live Mail and Plusnet Webmail

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me here or has had the same prob!
My broadband was activiated yesterday with PN and I have always used Windows Live Mail with no probs at all previously.
However, today when I set up my Plusnet accounts in Windows Live Mail - I found that although they are both Mailbox accounts (for the sake of arguement we'll call them mail account 1 and mail account 2) - my mail that should be going to the mail account 1 Inbox is going to mail account 2 Inbox and when I send email from mail account 2 I get the same email in both 1 and 2 inboxes! lol!  I am using the Pop setings and have double checked the inbound and outbound details are correct as is the username. Plus I have no diverts set up.  Any ideas anyone?
Having said that my email works perfectly find in Plusnet's webmail - it would just be nice (and more convenient) if I could sort this prob out within Windows Live!  By the way I am using the 2009 version and not the 2011 one which I couldn't get on with! Undecided
Thanks
M
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Issue with Windows Live Mail and Plusnet Webmail

I suspect you've set up accounts in WLM for both your default mail account and the postmaster redirect, which just redirects email into the default account. Apologies if that isn't the case, but if you have just delete the account for postmaster and you should find things work as normal Smiley
Hope that helps,
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Oh also regarding usernames (apologies, just read your ticket) - for the default mailbox the username is your account username without the connection realm (@plusdsl.net) on the end. The only place you need to add that is in your router.
For additional mailboxes, the username to log in is accountusername+mailboxname - so if your account was in the name of marcie, and the mailbox patty (yes big peanuts fan here too Smiley ) you would use the username of marcie+patty to log into the patty mailbox.
Hope that helps,
brandnewcustome
Dabbler

Hi Matt,
Thanks for coming back to me so quickly!
I have solved it (laughably it was what you said in your second post) - yep I had deleted the postmaster one a few days back.  Smiley
Anyway, I had the username with the connection realm bit as the username in WLM - so I took that off and it was still doing it....  Roll_eyes Then the penny dropped from a great height - when I was logging into PN webmail I was (to put it the way you have  Smiley ) typing marcie+patty or just marcie for my main one which worked perfectly fine!  However, it never occured to me to do the same in WLM so consequently that is why I was getting the same email in my two inboxes. Now that I have put marcie+patty in the username in WLM it is now working fine!  Oh well better late than never!!!!  Cool (I won't tell you how long I have been working on it today.....!!!  Grin )
Thanks for your help!  At least we got there in the end!
M
sparkling

hi there and sorry for barging in on this thread. - How the heck to you create a new post on this site?
I have looked all over the place and can't find anywhere to click. So am I thick slow or what?
Hope somebody can help as I have several other equally daft questions to ask and need a patient listener Embarrassed Sad Angry Cry
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Near the top of every board there is a menu "crumble" -- the first item of which is "New topic".  If you don't see it right away, move back from your screen and squint a bit  Cheesy Cheesy