cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the general PN email malaise or something different?

FIXED
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is this the general PN email malaise or something different?

My main email accounts are IMAP and dealt with via the client FossaMail (Thunderbird clone). In general all @plus.com, google and hotmail items are getting through. Some, however, I know are not. In the last few days I have tried to either register with commercial sites, or recover lost passwords from such. Emails to reset etc have been promised but not received, despite reapplication.

Have my troubles got any connection PN email's

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Is this the general PN email malaise or something different?

I don't think the problem you're having is likely to be due to the current service problems. It's more likely to be spam filter related.

Have you checked your spam folder? Short sign-up/password reset emails with clickable links are notorious for triggering classification as spam. Unfortunately a poor reputation for the sending server might also mean messages are completely refused.

David
Luzern
Hero

Fix

No SPAM to be seen! I had wondered doubtfully, if there were something about the submitted email address (user@user.plus.com), so used my Hotmail one instead. That went through OK.

That's puzzling!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Is user@user.plus.com a valid email address for you (or do you have catch all turned on)? The user@ format was used as default a long time ago but then changed to first-name@.

It's possible that poor reputation of the sending mail server is causing sign-up/password reset messages to be refused; Plusnet would need sight of the headers of the messages received at your hotmail address to check this.

David
Luzern
Hero

Of course, as I didn't receive the email there will be no header to submit, but as the sender of one is a major PVR manufacturer, I doubt reputation is a factor. Catch All is off. User@user is valid with two tests from relative; one from a PN address. the other a Tesco arrived without delay.

My maiboxes: 

Email address summary

user@
general@
g****@
p**@
postmaster@ Alias user@user.plus.com    Waht general@ is I have no idea