cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem with sending email today?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Getting rejections and disconnects from server even to another User on this account.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a problem with sending email today?

To test, I just sent a message via the Plusnet email servers to a non-Plusnet account without issue, then replied back to the Plusnet servers, again without issue.
While not very definitive, it's working in and out for me.
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks Nibiru
The only difference my end is that I'm in a temporary location this week and accessing via a different WiFi network.  Receiving mail OK and have working FTP and access to a website I maintain.
Error message from Server
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Subject 'Connection success', Account: 'pop3.plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 <ann@theoldpo.co.uk> recipient rejected - relay denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are you using authenticated SMTP for sending?  If you're not on the PN network you need to make sure that you email program sends your username and password.
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Aargh!  Forgot about that - last used it 3 years ago! 
Now need to remember the password?

Maurice

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks pwatson
Logged into Member Centre and changed the password.  Now seems to be working.