Did you mean: 

Is one of my Email addresses blocked

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Is one of my Email addresses blocked

Quote from: vanessen
So far, it would seem that you and Kuian do not agree, but hopefully I am wrong there.

On the contrary, we both agree.
Anyway, that change I referred to earlier has been made now so I'd appreciate it if you could send some test emails and let me know how you get on?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

vanessen
Rising Star

Hello Bob - sorry for the late response - I had a phone conference with the USA this afternoon to try and sort out the problems created by the non-delivery of emails over the past 2 weeks or more.
Anyhow at 15:07 to 15:09  this afternoon, I got a sudden delivery of  7 of my test emails, sent over the past days including yesterday.
When I opened your post, I sent 2 more test emails (from PN webmail to the two FM addresses using the problem domains) and they were delivered within 2 minutes, possbly less.
So it looks as if the changes you made have sorted the problem - so thank you very much!
To try to make things even better, Kurian suggests some MX changes at the FM end and I assume you agree with him.
Thanks and regards,
Christopher
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Excellent news! Sorry it took so long to rectify.
For reference the problem ended up being fairly simple.
The MX records for the fastmail.fm domain are:
C:\Windows\System32>nslookup -type=mx fastmail.fm
Server:  dsldevice.lan
Address:  192.168.1.254
Non-authoritative answer:
fastmail.fm    MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = in2-smtp.messagingengine.com
fastmail.fm    MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = in1-smtp.messagingengine.com

So when there were widespread reports of problems we remedied the routing problem between our network and those hostnames.
What we didn't realise/overlooked is that Fastmail have another two aliases for these MX records:
C:\Windows\System32>nslookup -type=mx xvc.org.uk
Server:  dsldevice.lan
Address:  192.168.1.254
Non-authoritative answer:
xxx.org.uk      MX preference = 1, mail exchanger = in1.smtp.messagingengine.com
xxx.org.uk      MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = in2.smtp.messagingengine.com

Note that your MX records have a dot/period instead of a hyphen? Both the hyphenated and 'dot' version point to the same place, however when we applied the original fix, it was only for the hyphenated records.
Now we've applied the same to the records you're using, things are hopefully sorted Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵