Did you mean: 

Is no email breaking Plusnet t&cs?

FIXED
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Is no email breaking Plusnet t&cs?

Sunday morning 08:22

"Server say 'login failed'"

How much longer Plusnet?! Free service or paid for, I presume this is breaking the t&cs and I can move away for free?

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Is no email breaking Plusnet t&cs?

@smallblueplanet Which specific section?

John
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Dunno.

But if it continues like this the service they are providing isn't acceptable.

So I was asking if anyone knew if there was anything in Plusnet's T&Cs to allow a user to end their contract without penalty.

MartynJF
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I notice that email is down again this morning, but only for programs on my desktop computer. Email on my iPads is working okay. Strange that... I had noticed similar symptoms weeks, even months, before this outage but they usually vanished by the next day. Obviously, the system has been under strain and creaking for some time, like a neglected building with sinking foundations awaiting a catastrophe that can no longer be ignored. I doubt that things will ever be the same again.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The T&Cs require you to give Plusnet time to fix things ... and that time is more than a few days and only applies to broadband faults.

"5.3. you'll be entitled to end our agreement for the service without paying early termination charges if the fault can't be resolved within at least 30 days. However, we'll not refund you for your use of our service during the period between the date we got you up and running and you ending our agreement."

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smallblueplanet
Rising Star

"5.3. you'll be entitled to end our agreement for the service without paying early termination charges if the fault can't be resolved within at least 30 days. However, we'll not refund you for your use of our service during the period between the date we got you up and running and you ending our agreement."

"The T&Cs require you to give Plusnet time to fix things ... and that time is more than a few days and only applies to broadband faults."

Where in 5.3 does it say it applies to the services they provide?

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Fix

@smallblueplanet 

My first rule of using IT is don't put all your eggs in one basket.

The first thing I did when I joined Plusnet was to set my email address to my main email provider (Hotmail/Outlook) which has the advantage of a 15GB ceiling. That way, I still get emails in my Plusnet inbox but that is generally all I want.

Dave

smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Thanks @daveplus I think I will look into that. 

Redbarnfarm

There is obviously something big they are not telling us... if it was something defined, like faulty kit, then a) there would be an instant failover and/or b) they could wipe and reboot a device and reinstall from a backup within a few hours.

At some point, they need to make an honest report to the 'city'