cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to collect e-mail from an external mailbox to a plsunet mailbox?

infobleep
Grafter

Is it possible to collect e-mail from an external mailbox to a plsunet mailbox?

Hi there
Is it possible to collect e-mail from an external mailbox to one of my plsunet mailboxes?
I am running a Synology Diskstation server but I am having trouble accessing the e-amil when I am within my own network.
I though a suitable work around for now might be to download the e-mail form my server to my plusnet account.
My domains are registered through reg-123 and it is possible to set up e-mail forwarding. This means that the e-mail doesn't pass through my server however as it gets intercepted before reaching it. I would prefer the e-mail to pass through my server so I can at least test how well it is working.
The only problem with this work around is that when I hit rely, it automatically replies from my plusnet account. I guess I could amend that so the reply to addresses are set to my own domain.
Kind regards
1 REPLY 1
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Is it possible to collect e-mail from an external mailbox to a plsunet mailbox?

Hey there,
I run my own local email sever, in order to get around the problem you're having,  I just hack my hosts file to give it the local IP address.
There isn't a way to do POP/IMAP collection of external email accounts within the Plusnet system.
The method above might be your best option.
Cheers,
Matt