cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to apply rules on emails?

Mask
Dabbler

Is it possible to apply rules on emails?

I have 2 persistent spam emails that keep coming, more than once daily. I added the senders address to my phone to remove them, but they still came through, it seems the sender email address changes so that type of block doesn't work. As the email subjects are consistent, I was wondering if there's any way to add a rule, like on Outlook, on line for these to be filtered out before they even download to my phone or laptop.

I have a MacBook, and the email system doesn't seem to have a way to filter them either.

I have the spam filter set on my account, but these are getting through somehow. 

They are annoying more than anything, but they could hold a virus.

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Is it possible to apply rules on emails?

Our mail platform doesn't support server-side filtering.

You can blacklist the envelope-from address, but if it changes fairly routinely then that's not really going to work Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mask
Dabbler

Ahh well, thanks anyway, I just thought I'd ask in case I was missing something. Maybe they rotate the email addresses, and eventually all will be blocked as spam. 

Pesky things, I'll just keep removing them. 🙂

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Mask When you mentioned that the From address changes, is this the address which is shown by the email client? The Envelope from address which Bob mentioned is not normally shown by email clients; to see it you need to view the email headers where it is likely to be listed as Return path on the first line.

If you check that does the domain (after the @ symbol) change between emails?  If not, or if only a small sample is used you could enter these domain(s) into the spam blacklist to block them.

David