cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone will not send emails

FIXED
vwmorley

Iphone will not send emails

I have been using my iPhone 6 plus for a year for sending and receiving emails but a few days ago it could not send my email because Relay.plus.net was not responding.  Since then the only way I can reply or send a new email is to send it from my gmail account.  Nothing has changed on my phone and I can still send emails from my PC so any ideas would be welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Iphone will not send emails

Moderators Note.
Moved to email from mobile
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Fix

Welcome to the forums, @vwmorley.

I can't guarantee this will work, but iPhones do have a habit of occaisonally screwing up email connections, and the advice I have seen (and has usually worked), is to completely delete the offending address and recreate it.

John
vwmorley

Thanks that sorted it.

RG07

Hello

I have been having the same problem- I have deleted the account and set it up again but this has not resolved it- I can receive emails only. I don't get an error message now but early on I got something like rejected or not recognised by server. I am in the process of changing over to PlusNet official date is 4th December. Will I have to wait until then to see if the problem is sorted or is this not the cause. I'm using IMAP and relay for smtp and I have checked the ports- they are correct

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@RG07 FYI - until your service is fully live with Plusnet, you are unable to send using their servers - as you would be with any provider you are moving to.

John
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @RG07, thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm inclined to agree with @jab1 on this one. Having checked the account I can see that the services are not yet live with ourselves and so you would need to wait for the relevant orders to complete before you're able to send anything via our servers.

For the time being, I'd recommend continuing to use your existing settings until you're live with us.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused but please do get in touch if you need anything else at all.