cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad2 - receiving emails

hsmart

Ipad2 - receiving emails

My Ipad2 recieves incoming email (IMAP) but will not send through PlusNet. My provider is PlusNet.
I have tried to get an answer thru the PlusNet Support service but no luck.
I would be most grateful if somebody could provide me with a step by step idiot's guide how to solve this problem.
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Ipad2 - receiving emails

Does this sending mail problem occur when your iPad is connected to the internet via WiFi to your router at home or when connected using 3G mobile elsewhere? If the latter which mobile service provider do you use?
David
hsmart

The problem occurs when at home connected to wifi router. I have only just got the iPad so have not used it outside home.
Thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Though the library document Setting up Plusnet email on an iPhone is for the iPhone, as far as I'm aware setting it up on an iPad is similar. Presumably you were shown and accepted the SSL warning screens for both incoming and outgoing server settings? Is the outgoing server (relay.plus.net) set to use port 25?
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just a thought, but even though you're at home are you connecting via wifi or 3g (mobile network)? That'll make a difference.
hsmart

I did use the iPhone setup guide and am connecting through wifi not 3g but no luck. Any other suggestions please
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What error messages do you get when you try to send, and what have you got currently in your outgoing server settings? That information will give us a lot more to go on.