Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet banking

FIXED
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Internet banking

Just had an email from donotreply@lloydsbank.co.uk asking me to check my 'messages' but as I've never had (to my recollection at least) an email from then before - is it genuine? 

It looks the bee's knees, but you can never be sure these days. Undecided

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet banking

Fix

I've had a similar one from someone claiming to be from my bank (HSBC) which wasn't genuine.

I'd check your messages online just in case but definitely not by following any links from that email.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I've had something similar with Barclays where they've just started sending email stuff to SWMBO and myself but I ignore them. I make it a policy not to do business based on calls or emails sent to me. I always contact them even if it means ringing them back on the number given on my debit card Azn

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Mav
Fixes: 514

Never click on any links in an email purporting to be from a bank no matter how genuine they seem.

I only get statement notifications from my bank by email but I log in by entering the URL manually.

Earlier in the week I received a text from my bank regarding some transactions. One I didn't recognise so replied to the text indicating that. A subsequent text said I will get a follow-up call to discuss it. Sure enough 1 minute later the landline phone rang. I never answered it but rang the bank back from my mobile otherwise there is no way to confirm that it is the bank calling as I will never confirm ID to anyone calling me.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Legend

Thanks guys, I did not respond to it of course or to the links it gave and have now reported it as spam to gmail.

Cheers.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

I always forward [as attachment] these e mails to Spam Cop so it gets logged; also cc PN's Spam Training, but I've a feeling doing latter doesn't do anything now.

[https://www.spamcop.net/]

Minivanman
Legend

Good advice Gel, thanks. Thumbs_Up

Herman Melville
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Gel wrote:

I always forward [as attachment] these e mails to Spam Cop so it gets logged; also cc PN's Spam Training, but I've a feeling doing latter doesn't do anything now.

That's correct; Spam Training was used when Plusnet used IronPort spam protection appliances. Since these were replaced by Cloudmark systems spam protection reporting of incorrectly classified messages is done using Webmail add-ons.

David
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If emails are being accessed using IMAP reporting incorrectly classified messages using the automated processes in webmail remains an option. I doubt that supporting an alternative manual process would be timely enough to be effective.

David