Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problems sending email through madasafish

AlanL33
Dabbler

Intermittent problems sending email through madasafish

Hi

For some time I have been having intermittent problems sending email using my long established madasafish email address and my @mydomain return address.

As I can't get wired broadband I have a Plusnet Mail account and access through a 4g EE router.

I am using POP3 on 2 PC's, one using Live Mail on W7 and one with Thunderbird on W10, also accessing it through Bluemail on 2 android phones. It has all worked well for years but in recent months there have been times when I have been unable to send email, sometimes just from the PC's and sometimes also from the phones, after a couple of days it often returns to normal without changing any settings.

Any ideas what may be amiss?

Thanks, Alan

8 REPLIES 8
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Intermittent problems sending email through madasafish

Hi @AlanL33, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues that you have experienced.

Do you get any particular error message when trying to send?

At the time the issues occur, is webmail also affected (if you're unsure it may be worth checking this next time you have an issue)? If not, it could suggest the issue is with that particular mail client that your having a problem with though it's certainly strange that it resolves itself.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
AlanL33
Dabbler

Hi Lauren, thanks for the reply.

I can log into webmail and send from there without any problems.

On my Win7 Live Mail machine I usually get a dialog box to enter my username and password, but that just repeats.

A message that I composed on Friday evening has just successfully sent this morning!

I will note any messages to try to narrow down the issue.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad to see that seems to have resolved itself. Please keep us posted in case of any further issues though. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AlanL33
Dabbler

Good morning

I cannot send emails again today, on my Win7, Livemail machine I get the message that sending failed, then on subsequent attempts I'm prompted for my username and password, repeatedly.

I have logged in to webmail and successfully sent a message from there.

This is happening on a regular basis now and usually resolves itself after a couple of days.

Thanks, Alan.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @AlanL33

Are you able to provide us with the full error message so we can advise further?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AlanL33
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew

There is no specific error message, see attached, but I get prompted to log in, which doesn't work and keeps requesting username and password. In a couple of days it will work again!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Given that you are using a mobile network, I would suspect you've picked up an abused IP address.  Next time record the external IP address then try dropping the 4G connection for 30 minutes, reconnect and check that you have a new address.  That might work, if not try again - there could be a multitude of abused black balled IP addresses.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlanL33
Dabbler

Thanks for the suggestion, it makes a lot of sense.

Just another of the joys of being in the "final 5%" still waiting for a proper broadband connection.