cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Email on my iPhone

Harmonk

Installing Email on my iPhone

I have tried several times to get emails to feed  on to my iPhone.  I hadn't done this before because I always had my laptop or pc available, but decided, as I work freelance, to have them on my phone too.
I am usually OK with setting up stuff on my phone etc but this one has me flummoxed!!  Every time I enter the required info it tells me my password is wrong in one of the sections, and yet it says quite clearly on the help page on plusnet, that you enter the password you use to access your emails, which is what I have done.
I’ve obviously accessed the screen shown via Settings on my iphone, and on New Account have entered th e following
Name: My name (obvioulsy)
Address: My email address which is linked to my own domain name
Password: (I enter the password I use to log on to the website etc)
Description: My email
Then under IMAP
Incoming Message Service
Host: imap.plus.net
Username: Harmonk
Outgoing Message Service
Host: relay.plus.net
Username: Harmonk
Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?  Any help would be really appreciated!
Thank you Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Installing Email on my iPhone

Your account is a Force9 account, so try these server addresses:
imap.force9.net and relay.force9.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Harmonk

Thanks ever so much - that has worked in that I now have an email from force9 come up on my iPhone but have not received any emails from my own email address which is Sue@Imagine1.co.uk  Any suggestions on how I can solve that problem?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I assume you've set up 'sue' as an additional mailbox. To collect mail from there you will need to create a separate mail account on your iPhone which logs in with username accountname+sue (including the + sign) and the password for that mailbox. The server addresses are the same as for your main account.
David