cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredimail

eileen

Incredimail

Hi
I am new to Plusnet and would like to use Incredimail to receive my emails could you let me know if this is possible and if so how I do it.    Thanks in advance for any help received,.
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable

Re: Incredimail

Hello Eileen and welcome to the forum. Hope that all is well with your new connection.
With regards to Incredimail the settings are exactly the same as for Outlook Express/Windows Mail and can be found
HERE.
Is there any reason why you want to install Incredimail?  It is very intrusive, sometimes a bit awkward to remove and many people don't care for it, particularly when they receive emails full of links. 
Hope you don't mind this suggestion but have you tried Windows Live Mail?
It has a lovely clean interface and is quite easy to use once you have got used to it.
Instructions are on the aforementioned web page. 
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a Community Library article if you ask me! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Not applicable

Well, someone else should do it - definitely not going to download it again - it's pernicious!  It's a long time since I used this but I recall that there was little difference from OE (unless it's changed).
matt_2k34
Grafter

i agree, its horrid software. IIRC had many "Gimmicks" (e.g. a Butler walking onto screen to tell you- you have mail)
I would suggest the OP try other software, Outlook, Windows Mail or Thunderbird. Smiley
Santiago
Grafter

In my experience, the available gimmicks is why people want this piece of tat programme
eileen

Hi
Thank you all for your input re incredimail, I have never had a problem but will certainly take on board what you say.  I do have a Live email account so will try using that. 
All went very smooth with change over I was very impressed, hope to have as long association with Plusnet as I have had with Virgin.
James
Grafter

From memory, Incredimail setup is identical to Outlook Express.
Not applicable

I can see why you like it Eileen - I used to find it quite entertaining and there are some very pretty graphics.
Nowadays my emailing is much more basic.
Anyway, if you like it then that's fine and as has been said, just set it up with OE settings on the link provided.