Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming emails stopped

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Incoming emails stopped

This link should help out: https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/45633

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zaq1
Grafter

Thanks,

I’ve just pm’d you her user name

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the private message.

Are you able to login to http://webmail.plus.net using her Totalise email address + account password either via your iPad and her iPad i.e. two devices?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zaq1
Grafter

No, login failed

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Just to confirm, @Zaq1, are you able to log into the relevant webmail account using a non-Apple device?

Similarly, does two-way email work on a non-Apple device either through a mail server, or directly through webmail?

I'm trying to narrow down whether this is a server issue, or, something related to the Apple system software (which isn't uncommon).

Let me know

Best wishes

Dave

Zaq1
Grafter

I’ll try her laptop now.

Zaq1
Grafter

Christine’s laptop  is running Windows Vista with Windows Mail V 6.06.000016386

I cannot log on using Mail, when trying I get ‘connecting’ quickly followed by ‘authorizing’ Followed by a Log On Window which just returns me to the same Log On window after I have entered her user name and password.

Using Google Chrome to log on via http://plusnet...... I just get log on failed.

Zaq1
Grafter

Another thought about he iPads - the incoming server port is set to 143. Is this correct?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Zaq1, thanks for the update.

The incoming server would be 143 for IMAP or 110 for POP3 and so it really depends on what you've gotten it set to.

Zaq1
Grafter

I cans still,send but not receive when set to either 143 or 110.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update @Zaq1.

Can you take a look in your server settings and tell us what your 'Incoming Mail Server' is set to?

Zaq1
Grafter

Host name is mail.totalise.co.uk

user name is christines email address

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Zaq1

Thanks for coming back to us. I've raised this to our network team to investigate further.

Can I ask you to confirm that you're OK for us to change the account password as required to resolve this (obviously you could change it back at any point afterwards)? If so, can you please confirm that it's ok via the ticket I've raised here?

Best wishes

Dave

Zaq1
Grafter

Tried to reply via your link and I get ‘we are unable to access your ticket information’

Things are not going well with this service are they!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Zaq1, thanks for your post.

We're unsure as to why you're having difficulty accessing the ticket. As there are 2 accounts, is it possible you're already logged in to the other? (I realise that the chances of this are slim but at this point it's worth checking at least).

Failing that, as we're having difficulty in getting the ticket over to you, we'd ask that you call the Customer Support Centre so that we can note the permission to change the password in the system. You can reach them on 0800 432 0200 right the way up until 10pm and currently (16:35) they have a call queue of less than 5 minutes.

Please let us know how you get on.