Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming emails stopped

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Incoming emails stopped. Again.

My message posted twice, edit deletes second identical reply.

Riverside
Grafter

Interesting. I've logged into WebMail but there do not appear to be any 'old' mails to delete in any of my folders. I'm still getting a selection of 2017 e-mails each time I open Thunderbird and they are still duplicates of previously-received items so they are getting dredged up from somewhere. May be a server issue as you suggest.
Riverside
Grafter

Ah, it looks like these old e-mails are showing up in my inbox as 'new' (ie: date now) . I've just downloaded 27 'current' e-mails but only 15 are actually new. The rest are 2017 duplicates but that's not how they are displaying on WebMail.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Riverside Webmail sometimes mixes up message arrival and sent dates due to incomplete list option selections.

If you click on the List Options icon to the left of the subject heading do the settings tie up with those I use shown in the following image?WebmailListOps.png

David
Riverside
Grafter

Almost - the entry in the 'Sorting Column' was set to None so i've switched it to 'Sent Date'.

Tonight I took a screen shot of my WebMail inbox. I had 27 to download, all from Saturday to date.

Well, I received 27 ok. 16 are new but 11 were from 2017, and all of those 2017 mails do match any of the subject headers visible in the screen shot.

So WebMail is showing one thing, but I am receiving something else?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Riverside,

Checking your mailbox displays no emails therefore, these appear to have been downloaded.

It could potentially be due to settings on Thunderbird, such as separating new / unread emails and emails in the inbox. Please click this icon in the header of the column  while in your inbox to see if the missing emails reappear. If not, below I have added an image of a filter that may be applied, please deselect this option if it is enabled.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Riverside
Grafter

Thanks - Work in progress: tonight 10 in, 10 out, no old duplicates.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Riverside Since you download messages to Thunderbird using POP3 I assume having an empty Inbox online would be acceptable. perhaps desirable as a new base point.

I suggest you login to Webmail. display the Inbox then click the Cog icon bottom left. This should give you an option list with Compact at the top. click this and allow Webmail to work through the operation, it might take a few seconds but could be much longer if lots of wasted space needs to be recovered.

You might notice that another of the Cog options is Empty but this will be greyed out on the Inbox since clicking it would have undesirable side effects - all messages instantly disappear and can't be recovered. Sad

Assuming you are happy to empty the Inbox, return to the message list and click the small square block icon on the strip below the list. This should cause all messages to be selected, including any that are beyond the range of messages on the current page. Now click the Delete menu option - the red circle with diagonal line. Allow time for this to complete.

Compact Inbox again and I anticipate it will transiently respond No messages.

Finally select Deleted Items or Trash (which is shown depends on settings). Click the Cog again and this time Empty should be an option - in which case choose it.

Hopefully working through these steps will have removed any old 2017 messages from the server so they can't download again. Thumbs_Up

David
Zaq1
Grafter

Re: Incoming emails stopped

i Have been experiencing the same problem with my totalise email account. Out of the blue, it has resolved itself but now my wife has the same problem with her totalise email account. She can send emails but not receive any. I have tried web mail for her but cannot get past sign in as her user name and/or password are regarded as incorrect. We are both using iPads on IOS 12

we have had these email accounts many years. Totalise was taken over by Madasafish and then Plusnet and we have stayed  with them all the way.

any suggestions please?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Zaq1,

I'm sorry that your wife is unable to receive emails to her account at the moment and for any inconvenience that this is causing. I've refreshed the mail component on the account to try and resolve this and this should take effect within the next 24 hours. Please let us know if the issue persists after this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Zaq1
Grafter

No, still no emails received since last Thursday - five days now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this.

Could you advise what you see when you try to login to webmail.plus.net using the full Totalise email address and account password?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zaq1
Grafter

EIt gets even stranger.

We cannot now log in to her webmail using the password we used to set up her totalise email account on her iPad and laptop. Just get a ‘log in failed ‘ message

I have set up her email account on my iPad to check the correctness of the password and it sets up and functions ok but only on sending, not on receiving 

Still able to send but not receive from totalise email address on her iPad either.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Could you PM me the username for your wife's Totalise account please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zaq1
Grafter

How do I PM you?