Did you mean: 

Incoming emails stopped

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Incoming emails stopped

Sorry to hear this.

If you log into webmail here with your full e-mail address and password does that have any newer e-mails

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Riverside
Grafter

Hi Matthew, No issues logging into Webmail and I can see 10 new messages since my earlier post. Still no luck getting them picked up with Thunderbird tho'.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Riverside wrote:

I'm not getting anything, not even a time out. Standard server settings: POP Mail server, mail.plus.net etc.

Could someone advise if there is a further issue with the legacy (Madasafish) e-mail service please?

Is the problem mailbox a Madasafish one? I believe the incoming and outgoing server names for MAAF are all mail.madasafish.com with the appropriate port numbers. smtp.madasafish.com can also be used for outgoing.

David
Riverside
Grafter

Hi David, I've been using mail.plus.net on port 110 for years. Other than the small issue that incoming mail retrieval is slow and steady rather than space-age speedy i've had no problems. I did raise a ticket about the speed issue years ago but the techies couldn't resolve that one. Anyway, slow mail is better than no mail. I've just retried using mail.madasafish.com on port 110 but it didn't work.
Riverside
Grafter

Update: I've just tried again using my normal settings. This time Thunderbird prompted for a password for MAAS and, once entered, incoming mail started flowing again so maybe that was the root of the problem. I will monitor for the next few days in case it falls over again, but for now - good work. Thanks!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Riverside
Grafter

Re: Incoming emails stopped. Again.

Hi, My problem is back. Up until 22nd there were no further issues - in fact the mail was coming through almost instantly each time I opened Thunderbird. On the 22nd I upgraded to Unlimited and guess what: no more e-mail since the Plusnet confirmation e-mail It's all queued nicely in my Webmail view but is not being picked up by my mail client. I've tried switching the security settings again but no result. I get a server timeout if I try with a password. It seems to be the same problem as I had earlier. Coud someone look at this urgently please? Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear the issue has returned.

If you can see newer e-mails in webmail then that means the issue is most likely going to be with Thunderbird rather than ourselves.

Do you get any specific errors when you try to use the 'Get/Check mail' function?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Riverside
Grafter

I don't think this is a Thunderbird issue as it wasn't last time. I've not changed any settings (other than security/server password on/off to see if that was the issue) and my other e-mail accounts are downloading with no issues. The only other change is the Plusnet upgrade to Unlimited. If I apply a password prompt for MAAF the connection to mail.plus.net times out. If I remove the password prompt then it just says 'there are no new messages' This problem, based on what I am experiencing, is exactly the same as happened last time and that was sorted at the Plusnet end, not mine. Please, please, can somebody help with this. I'm dealing with a bereavement and i'm getting e-mails in connection funeral arrangements and various instructions/documents which I need to get onto my PC, not left stored on Webmail. Thank you.
Riverside
Grafter

Latest: Just tried again and it's stuck trying to connect to pop3madasafish.com.

I'm getting "[StringID netTimeouterror?]" which i've not seen before.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Riverside, thanks for your post.

Please accept our heartfelt condolences at this difficult time.

Whilst we investigate the issue for you, I'd definitely recommend utilising your webmail service to ensure you're not missing the important emails you mentioned previously.

I think the first thing to do is ensure that all of your server settings are actually correct.

For reference, the incoming server needs to be mail.madasafish.com with the outgoing server smtp.madasafish.com.

Do those servers reflect what you're seeing if you go into your settings?

Let us know how you get on.

Riverside
Grafter

Hi Team, and thank you for the thought. That's the fix. My incoming server has been using mail.plus.net up to now, but the switch to mail.madasafish.com has picked up all the mail queued in Webmail. Hopefully that will fix the issue going forward. Thanks for looking into it once again.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Riverside,

That's brilliant news, thanks for updating us.

If you need anything else at all, please drop us another post.

Riverside
Grafter

Hi - a follow-up to this. The switch back to mail.madasafish.com has had two side effects: a) i'm back to snail mail. Each mail item can take up to a minute to download b) i'm getting duplicate mail items that are over a year old Any thoughts? Thanks
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Riverside, thanks for your post.

We're wondering if changing to the new server has caused everything stored on our server to be downloaded. We'd recommend going to webmail.plus.net and deleting the older emails if you no longer need them.

It's possible that when you were deleting them previously from your client your settings weren't calibrated to delete them from the server end, meaning that now you've re-set up the client these previously un-deleted messages are being pulled through.