cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming email from a legitimate sender is being rejected ...

FIXED
kaspencer
Rising Star

Incoming email from a legitimate sender is being rejected ...

I have been notified that some emails from the legitimate domain "digitalvpo.com" are being rejected by PlusNet for some reason. This is a legitimate domain, and I would be grateful if this prevention of receipt of legitimate communication could be investigated and corrected.

Many thanks

Kenneth Spencer

3 REPLIES 3
kdiment
Rising Star

Re: Incoming email from a legitimate sender is being rejected ...

Me too! I discovered that maybe a few months ago emails to me from a friend were being rejected. He was getting error messages that he did not understand and I was not aware of his messages. I updated my PN email account to add his email address to a "whitelist" and I can now receive his emails again.

That's all well and good, but makes me wonder how many other emails I might be missing.

Any ideas of what it is about his emails that caused them to start being unacceptable?

kaspencer
Rising Star

Thanks, @kdiment 

It seems that now, I am able to receive some of the emails. But as you say, thius is an example of "... not knowing what we don't know."!

In this case, the "vpo" in the domain name stands for "virtual pipe organ", which can cause some AI that might examine an email text to run around like a headless chicken.

Best wsihes,

Kenneth Spencer

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Fix

Hi Kenneth,

I asked some questions around this...

An inbound email was rejected on the 13th and accepted on the 14th.  Spam profiling by Cloud Mark (Plusnet's anti-spam platform - Cloudmark Platform for Email | Cloudmark EN) is a very dynamic space, utilising intelligence gained across the whole of its user base.

It is thought that the erroneous rejection will have been corrected by the Cloud Mark "community" providing feedback on the false-positive.  If you see (hear of) a reoccurrence, please post back here immediately - the processing log history is short lived!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.