cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming email Problem

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Incoming email Problem

I am having problems with incoming emails. When I click 'Get messages' I am informed that there are messages but they are not downloading. I am POP3. and Thunderbird 45.

Everything was fine until this morning when it stopped working.I am using mail.plus.net and port 11.

Any ideas please?

19 REPLIES 19
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Incoming email Problem

artmo wrote:.I am using mail.plus.net and port 11.

Port 110 hopefully.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yes, sorry I meant Port 110.

I get a message 'loading message 1 of..' but that's where it seems to stick.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've seen a similar problem overnight / earlier this morning.  Mail to my Plusnet accounts got delayed by several hours or in some cases just failed to download.  Things improved about 10:15 and mail now seems to be OK - but I have received multiple copies of some of the 'stalled' emails.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

@MauriceC. Thanks for your message. I'm still having a problem. Having to use webmail which is a pain.
Doesn't PN respond to these forums anymore?
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Well!  My plusnet email is back to being 'iffy' again after apparently being OK this morning Roll_eyes

Unless Bob @bobpullen is available the Mail forum seems to be ignored these days. To be fair Bob is a busy guy trying to keep all the current technical issues in focus.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Spoke too soon! Contact with mail server just timing out now.

M

Myrric

I'm having terrible problems with my emails (using webmail)This has not been uncommon since I made the unfortunate decision to move to Plusnet but it's been disastrous today.  It's taking around 3mins to get an email deleted and then get back to the remaining emails. Server Error messages keep coming up as well as Service Temporarily Unavailable. I eventually got through to talk to someone who basically ended up saying it must be something to do with my computer even though I stressed that everything else was working fine. I gathered from him that no one else was experiencing problems so I thought I'd register for the Forum and have a look at any comments appearing there. Very interesting!! I don't know why they bother asking customers to recommend them. I certainly wouldn't.  

Clanger42
Dabbler

I've been having exactly the same problem for the last 2 days

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks guys for your comments. It appears to be a PN problem I would guess.

I've been in Florida for the past 4 weeks so can't phone PN. I thought I would raise a ticket but after searching gave up as I couldn't find out how to do it now. I then got onto 'chat' and eventually spoke to an agent. He couldn't sort the problem but said he would do something at his end, but this hasn't worked.

As usual PN seemed to suggest I was the only one with the problem.

I did email Bob Pullen last night as he is the only name I have at PN now. I haven't had a reply so far.

As for webmail I can't believe how bad it is. What's happening at PN these days.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I gave up on Plusnet's mail a while ago. It's too flakey especially at peak times & support said it wasn't park of my package so not much can be done. Moved to Gmail & it hasn't let me down once.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

I'm having similar problems this morning - click 'get mail' and it is taking up to two minutes to download a single message.They DO all come in but so slowly I start to think it has failed - the only reason I know it hasn't is the progress bar in Thunderbird is still moving.

Using Mailwasher Pro & Thunderbird.

John
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I'm taking so long that the progress bar stops.

Surely PN must be aware they have a problem.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Webmail is affected now:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ClashingTitans
Dabbler

Weeks of slow loading, attachments not attaching, regular 'log-offs', and frequent 'service unavailable' notices. I asked Customer Services to put this on Service Status as they said it was a 'known problem'. Nothing. So many Forum comments on e-mails are being ignored by staffers. Anyone listening out there?