cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Onetel.com e-mail

RedDevil

Incoming Onetel.com e-mail

After migrating to PlusNet I am unable to receive e-mails to my @onetel.com address through the PlusNet portal.
Have tried mail.onetel.com but e-mails arrive through the old Metronet portal.
Using mail.plus.net I get stuck on an enter password screen.
Any idea what character string I should be using?
The outgoing mail is working fine (using relay.plus.net)
7 REPLIES 7
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Incoming Onetel.com e-mail

I don't understand what it is you are trying to do and why you think it does not work.  What do you mean by 'portal'?
The POP3 server for onetel is (indeed) mail.onetel.com on port 110 (no SSL).  Onetel does not support IMAP.
RedDevil

I'm using Windows Live mail and setting up the PlusNet server info for incoming mail this is set to mail.onetel.com (on port 110).
However, incoming OneTel mail comes in via the old Metronet server which is still active. I'd like to have them come in using the PlusNet server
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Your Onetel email comes in via the Onetel server, I can assure you.  But I think what you must mean is that you want the incoming messages to be placed in the same Inbox folder as your PlusNet email messages.  Have I guessed correctly?
RedDevil

You have guessed correctly, but I have not taken out an actual PlusNet e-mail address as I don't really need another one.
Do you have a solution?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Just like letters delivered by the postman, emails are delivered to the "address on the envelope". In this case that is your onetel mailbox. So that is where you collect them from and that's what your settings do. No changes to these are necessary or appropriate.
To get emails delivered to your Plusnet mailbox you would have to set up a new Plusnet email address and use this instead of your onetel address; ie a new  "address on the envelope".
David
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Yes, by default Windows Live Mail sets up one set of folders for each email account you have.  If the Onetel folders are grouped under the name 'Metronet' for some historical reason then it should be possible to change that name to whatever you want it to be. 
RedDevil

Thank you all for your helpful information.
The problem does seem to be resolved now.
I am much indebted to you.
Regards,
Reg