cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Message from Safe Sender Bounced

steveal
Grafter

Incoming Message from Safe Sender Bounced

My sister and brother-in-law each have a Gmail account. They are currently holidaying in Spain.

My sister can send emails to my Plusnet account, but my brother-in-law's messages are all bounced back. Here is the rejection message:

Message not delivered

There was a problem delivering your message to stephen@XXXmoor.plus.com. See the technical details below.

The response was:

552 Spam Message Rejected

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Incoming Message from Safe Sender Bounced

Hi @steveal 

Welcome to the Forums!

Seems strange to me that one Gmail address is able to get through, whilst the other is getting a bounce back. 

The response was:

552 Spam Message Rejected

Sounds like something included in his emails is triggering the spam filter on our end, which isn't in your sister's emails.

Is it happening every time your BIL's emails you? Has he tried sending a blank email in case it was something inside the message itself which is causing this (URLS etc) ?

Seeing as though 1 Gmail account is getting emails to you without an issue, but a 2nd is getting this bounce back, I'd be inclined to think that this is either due to;

1) the email content 

2) the account settings.

Could you check he has no URLs in his email signature? As these will show up on all emails and therefore get the bounce back (if this is indeed the issue - i'm going off the back of a previous, similar issue I've dealt with here). 

it might also be worth asking them to check that there is no difference in their client settings - if your BIL notices something different in his settings than you sister, then it might be worth modifying his account to match the settings of the one which is working? 

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,

MoR

steveal
Grafter

Re: Incoming Message from Safe Sender Bounced

Thanks for the ideas.

We are investigating as you suggest.

One possible problem is that BIL uses Incredimail.

I'll report results.