cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Plusnet webmail why is "From" a category heading in Sent Messages rather than "To"

FIXED
PeteAHarrison

In Plusnet webmail why is "From" a category heading in Sent Messages rather than "To"

I have just transferred my webmail service from the old Madasafish site to Plusnet, retaining my Madasafish email address.  All's going well so far; though I am somewhat baffled to find that the headings under "Sent" messages are as follows :-   

Subject ..........FROM............Date..............Size    

Logically, the second heading should read "To" as is the case with the Madasafish site.....I assume that there is an error here and the heading should in deed read "To" - can anyone kindly confirm this, please; and perhaps advise me how to correct if possible.

Many thanks  Peter 

8 REPLIES 8
Casey
Rising Star

Re: In Plusnet webmail why is "From" a category heading in Sent Messages rather than &quot

It's not just a heading error - the whole thing is wrong.

In my sent section it says "from" - and if you hover over the from is says my email address (as it should if it was really a "from", from me!

It's a bit like an excel spreadsheet - someone coded the wrong entire sub-section for the sent box -- or, more likely, just lazy-copied it all over from the incoming mail box!
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: In Plusnet webmail why is "From" a category heading in Sent Messages rather than &

It's the same template being used for both the inbox and sent folders. It's that simple.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: In Plusnet webmail why is "From" a category heading in Sent Messages rather than &

This is an interesting question. I've just set someone up with Windows essentials (email) 2012 and I'm seeing the same symptoms.

Set the display columns to be 'from' in the inbox and 'from' is shown in the sent folder. Set 'to' in the sent folder and you see 'to' in the inbox.

I was thinking this was a client side software issue. This topic now gives me doubts, but I cannot see a logical explanation. Will do some research for my own issue and will report back if I find anything of relevance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: In Plusnet webmail why is "From" a category heading in Sent Messages rather than &quot

Fix

@PeteAHarrison wrote:

... I am somewhat baffled to find that the headings under "Sent" messages are as follows :-

Subject ..........FROM............Date..............Size

Logically, the second heading should read "To" as is the case with the Madasafish site...

This anomaly can be corrected by clicking the small icon to the left of the Subject heading (tool-tip List Options) and adding From/To to the selections in the List columns column. Then Save.

The headings will change to show From as the last column in Inbox; if you prefer it next to Subject (as now) press and hold the left mouse button on the From header and drag it to the left as required, then release the mouse button.

If you now move to the Sent folder you should find the To column is displayed. Smiley

David
PeteAHarrison

Thanks to all who responded, with particular appreciation to David (Spraxyt).....that certainly sorted things for me; brilliant!!!

vanessen
Rising Star

@PeteAHarrison wrote:

Thanks to all who responded, with particular appreciation to David (Spraxyt).....that certainly sorted things for me; brilliant!!!

I have been living with all my sent messages being 'From' me (obviously) for years and thanks to David (Spraxyt) I now have the 'To' column instead.  Thanks!

BUT - Plusnet offers you the choice of 'Basic' (ie Squirrelmail) or 'Advanced' (ie RoundCube) systems without any instructions that I can find.

So here's another problem:  if I search the folder then in Squirrelmail' I can go back to the search results if the one I choose wasn't the one I wanted.  In RoundCube there doesn't seem to be a way of going back to the search results.  You get back to the folder and have to search agauin.  Which is particularly annoying when the system is so slow.

Does anyone know how to go back to search results in 'Advanced' (RoundCube) webmail?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Have you tried enabling the preview pane? That should allow you to move from one search result to another.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

vanessen
Rising Star

Bob, thanks for the useful suggestion.  However, with the current state of webmail, the usual effect of clicking on a message (with preview enabled) is to get the 'Secure Connection failure' message.

When PlusNet have fixed the deplorable state of webmail, then I'm sure that will work just fine.  So thanks for that...

...and...

please fix the webmail speed problem!