cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to download E-mails direct from Plusnet.

richards2

Impossible to download E-mails direct from Plusnet.

Bear with me, I'm not computer literate. I'm just a user, not a techie.

I have always used Windows Live Mail on my desktop, with Windows 7 to get my E-mails.. Even though it is obsolete, it works fine, I have recently bought a laptop for when I am not at home, and as Live Mail with not work with Win10,  I try to download my mails direct from Plusnet. Generally, my request times out before anything downloads. Very occasionally, my mails appear, so it wouldn't seem that I am doing anything wrong. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Impossible to download E-mails direct from Plusnet.

"I try to download my mails direct from Plusnet. Generally, my request times out before anything downloads."

What do you mean by "direct"?

What do you mean by "download"?

What email application are you using?  Webmail?

If webmail...

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

You can use WLM on Win10 - it is far better than the native Win10 email program, but not as good as MS Outlook.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.