cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich and PN's new Webmail

siddalr
Dabbler

Ice Cream Sandwich and PN's new Webmail

I am trying to use PN's new webmail on my SGS2 smartphone running Android's latest OS Ice Cream Sandwich.  I have tried both the stock browser and Google's Chrome beta.  I assume I should be able to display a message my double tapping on the subject?  This does not work, I believe, because the OS traps the double-tap gesture first to zoom the screen in and out..  I have not found a way of disabling this.  Am I missing something?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich and PN's new Webmail

Tried this and see what you mean.
However I did a 'press and hold' on a subject and selected 'Open' from the offered menu.
HTC Sensation running Ice Cream Sandwich.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
siddalr
Dabbler

Thanks for the prompt reply.  On an SGS2 if I press and hold against the subject I am offered a list comprising of:
Mark Msgs as read,
as unread,
as flagged,
as spam,
reply to sender,
reply to list or sender and all recipients,
Forward the message,
move message to "Deleted items",
Move to...
More actions
If I select "More actions" I am simply returned to the list of incoming messages.  I see no option to *display* the message.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Oh..shame. Sad
I'm using the version of Ice Cream Sandwich untainted by a network provider's software engineer fiddling. Wink
Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Well, RC webmail is pretty much unusable when it comes to touch devices. Scrolling the list is impossible as all it wants to do is drag the email where you happen to touch at first.
Also have trouble scrolling an email as whenever you touch again to scroll further it resets back to the top of the email.
(I'm using an iPod Touch 4th gen)
That's RPM to you!!
siddalr
Dabbler

Yes RC webmail does look like a dead duck for touch devices.  I will stick to PN's old webmail program that does nor have these issues.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I've set up my gmail account to collect the PN webmail and you may be able to set up the mail client on your phone to use imap to view mail.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'