cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 7 no email being sent... error messages in settings

TsarNiko

IPhone 7 no email being sent... error messages in settings

Hi guys, so I got a new iPhone 7 for Christmas and I set up the Mail app to work with Plusnet... everything is fine in RECIEVING emails, however when I try to send something the following message will come up:

Cannot Send Mail. The connection to the outgoing server "relay.plus.net" failed. 

So looking around the net, I tried to find instructions. I did everything as instructed here (https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/)

But then when I finish setting up the options in the output and click done, it takes approximately five years to finish "verifying" before it gives me another error message "The SMTP server relay.plus.net is not responding."

I've tried changing the outgoing ports as well, to no avail, as well as switching SSL on and off... nothing.

Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: IPhone 7 no email being sent... error messages in settings

Welcome to the Community forums. Smiley

You are obviously new here but how long have you been a Plusnet Broadband customer with an active service? The error message you are getting seems similar to what happens before a new service is activated.

Otherwise changing the Outgoing Server Setting as described (for an iPad) here might help.

David