cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMap problems - again

Raynethome1

IMap problems - again

Just joined these forums as I was searching for a solution to the annoying - and continual "connection dropped by IMAP server"" eror.
You have to wonder if Plusnet really does want us to use Squirrel Mail.  this problem's been going on now for months, if not years.  Is there any prospect for us getting real work done via email via the webmail interface?
I notice too that when I do send messages using Outlook Express, the messages don't always get sent and the server is very slow at transfering the file beeing sent to the sent items folder.
Webmail is important and I really must consider moving my account elsewhere if this problem isn't going to be put right once and for all.
Ray.
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: IMap problems - again

Hi Ray,
We've plans to revisit our Webmail implementation later this year which I'd like to think will eradicate the IMAP errors. Having said that, there's absolutely no reason why you should be having problems sending via our relay servers using a standalone email client Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Raynethome1

Revising of SquirelSquirrelmail can't come soon enough for me.
The interface is clean - and for someone like me with severe visual impairment, the fact that it is largely HTML based and all the controls accesible is, em a "Plus" point!
Haven't looked through all the feedback suggestions on the do you Dig Squirrelmail thread, but being able to delete a message and and move straight onto the next message without being bounced back to the list view, would be a good addition.  (Been.bet which I used to be with, allowed you to do that.
Certainly Squirrelmail needs to be faster and rid of the perpetual time-outs.
I happen to be using Firefox, so any work over should take account of Firefox users and not assume IE as the
prefered browser
Ray.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Quote from: Raynethome1
I happen to be using Firefox, so any work over should take account of Firefox users and not assume IE as the
prefered browser

That shouldn't be an issue, most of us in Engineering don't even have IE so we mainly use Firefox (or increasingly Google Chrome). Anything we do choose will be tested thoroughly on all mainstream browers (e.g. IE, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) on different platforms (Linux, Windows, Mac).