cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP access failure from iPad

maccladd

IMAP access failure from iPad

Any ideas on this?... my ipad keeps reporting it can't access imap.plus.net - "the mail server 'imap.plus.net' is not responding". This was working last week, and I've not changed any of the settings. I've tried access from both my home and work networks now with no joy. Other imap clients (thunderbird) on PCs on both networks can access the imap server quite happily.
2 REPLIES 2
KenJenkins

Re: IMAP access failure from iPad

I had the same problem and cleared it by resetting my iPad (Settings, General, Reset,  Reset All Settings).
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: IMAP access failure from iPad

This message could simply be a matter of network connectivity.  I often see this message when I have connected to a WiFi hotspot, do not have login details for the hotspot.  For example, connected to a BT Openzone hot spot, but have no outward connection through the hotspot.
Can you give broader details of the problem?  Does it happen all the time / in a specific location?
When it happens can you browse the internet?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.