cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have had several emails from PN saying my mailbox is over 1GB.

FIXED
Moxy47
Fixes: 1

I have had several emails from PN saying my mailbox is over 1GB.

I have had emails from PN about the increasing size of my mailbox, now over 1GB.  But I deleted loads of old mails a couple of months ago and emptied the trash and junk folders.  My inbox now has 140 emails totalling 27MB.  I am beginning to wonder if this is a phishing attempt but the emails come from autoemail@plus.net and the links take me to the plus net webmail login.

I do not see anywhere that I can email PN simply to get this sorted out.  Would like some help.

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: I have had several emails from PN saying my mailbox is over 1GB.

Hi @Moxy47 

A warm welcome to the forums.  No these are most certainly not phishing emails ... for they are not asking you to log into anywhere ... and are legitimate PN emails.

Three questions...

1. Have you culled the sent items folder?
  2. Do you have any subfolders in the mailbox?
  3. What is in the archive folder?

All folders attached to the emailbox count to your 1GB email file store allowance.  It only takes a few emails with a number of HiRes photographs to fill your mailbox.  I know of a mate who takes photographs on his phone, then emails then to himself to get them to his PC ... deletes the emails from the inbox, empties the trash folder but forgets the copy in his sent items folder ... then wonders why he gets FUP warning emails.

One other thought, is there only one mailbox listed in the FUP warning email?  If yes, have you culled the content of all of them?

HTH?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Moxy47
Fixes: 1

Fix

Thanks Townman.  I discovered lots of video attachments in the deleted messages folder of humorous memes sent about Trump etc to break the monotony of lockdown.  All sent to deleted items and then deleted again.  So hopefully problem fixed.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Ah - I thought you had covered off that consideration...

"But I deleted loads of old mails a couple of months ago and emptied the trash [deleted items] and junk folders"

Good to know that the problem is fixed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.