cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my Freenetname / Madasafish e-mail

abioduna
Hooked

I cannot access my Freenetname / Madasafish e-mail

After a computer crash in December, which resulted in me having to reinstall Windows 10, I have tried to regain access to my e-mail account supplied originally by Freenetname since 2005.

I have never had trouble accessing this e-mail which enabled me to post and receive mail in form of myname@mydomain.co.uk. I viewed and sent through Outlook or by web-access through Freenetname and, subsequently, Madasafish.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to gain access through any of these since trying over the last few days. My Plusnet e-mail account hasn't helped either. I can access that, but not been able to find my Freenetname/Madasafish e-mails. The support page on the Madasafish requires that I log in before enabling me to contact them for support, yet did not accept my log-in details.

I rely on this as my main e-mail address and would appreciate your assistance in regaining my access.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: I cannot access my Freenetname / Madasafish e-mail

HI @abioduna

Thanks for highlighting this - can you please confirm whether you're able to log into this account via https://webmail.plus.net/ ?

The username is your full @freenetname.co.uk email address and your previous password.

If this doesn't help, could you please complete the forgotten password facility and let me know if that helps?

I've taken a look at your account and everything is still active and working as expected from this side.

Best wishes

Dave

abioduna
Hooked

Hi Dave, thank you for your response.

I tried logging in via https://webmail.plus.net/, using myusername@freenetname.co.uk, but that did not work.

Perhaps I have forgotten my password but I could not find a link for reporting a 'forgotten password'. Please send me a direct link to that page so I can complete the form. In doing this, can I have my alternative e-mail set to my Plusnet address? I think the one currently associated with the Freenetname account might be a deleted account with ukonline.

Thanks again.

TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Apologies if your still having issues, Please try the following link for password resets https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/my-details/change_password.html then refer back to the webmail address for access 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
abioduna
Hooked

Hi. Thanks for your assistance.

I was able to find the link and complete the form for password reset, but was unable to find the e-mail that was sent to me.

It could have been sent to an address that I no longer use.

Please, could you reset that e-mail to my plus.com address? That would help me to retrieve the password reset message.

Thanks

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @abioduna,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not received the password reset email. I've updated the contact email address on your account to your Plusnet email address. Please try resetting your password again and let us know if you continue to experience any problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
abioduna
Hooked

Unfortunately, that did not work. I followed the password procedure including the part where I am required to enter my 'default e-mail address for receiving communication about my account'. At this point, it accepts only my freenetname address. All other addresses, including my XYZ@XYZ.plus.com were rejected.

Could it be that I need more time for your chnage to take effect, or a typing error has been made?

Maybe we can do this over the phone. I am happy to call in directly.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @abioduna, thanks for getting back to us.

Can you please advise if you are still having issues trying to get the password changed? As if so I'd be happy to give you a call to assist with this?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
abioduna
Hooked

Sadly I'm still having trouble.

The Password Recovery form always rejects my plus.com address as the 'default email address that you use to receive communication about your account'. It accepts my freenetname.co.uk address instead - which does not make sense, since I cannot reach that address. I expect my plus.com address to be the one that is accepted.

The Password Recovery form is at the following address: https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/index.html. Could it be wrong?

abioduna
Hooked

Hi @LaurenB, thank you for your response to which I responded yesterday but have not received a reply or call.

Please, I would really appreciate that call. I've tried everything that's been suggested, but no glory. I'm literally sitting by the phone all day today, so please...

Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @abioduna, I am sorry that you're still having issues and for the delay in getting back you. As our forums are not an instant response support channel It can sometimes take us longer to get back to you.

Can you drop me a PM with your contact number and I'll give you a call?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team