Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: I Need An Email Address

Usually, you can fix that problem, by sending an email to the address Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I see you are using Outlook, and that error is IMAP, are you using the correct incomming server?, its mail. for POP3 and imap for IMAP and outgoing is relay.  as shown at the bottom of this page https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=refresh_browser
Lynda
Grafter

I set up my Outlook with the mail and relay servers.......
It keeps telling me my password doesn't match because every time I try sending/receiving I get a sign-in box pop up.
WHICH sign in is it, please ? My email you've created or the plus.com at the end or just KellyL or the dslplus.com ????Huh
I'm so confused and this is totally winding me up now.
I get the same error trying to access webmail still-the Imap message........and the emails sent to my email address you created haven't bounced back. However, they probably won't land in my outlook either because I don't know how I'm supposed to be signing in !!
Thanks to those of you trying to help me.
Cheers, Lynda X
Roll_eyes
Lynda
Grafter

Yayyyyyyy-I managed to create my new mailbox with the email address I wanted.........now to get it to work on Outlook !! I was trying to get into Squirrel Mail which isn't labelled as such-THAT's the thing with the IMAP error but I just won't use that-I prefer my email to land in my computer files.
Cheers, Lynda X
Sad
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you need help with setting up Outlook give a shout as I use it (2003 version but it shouldn't be different)
Lynda
Grafter

Thanks Jim. I am trying to either delete or rename my email address first. I want LK@my username but the system won't do it................please can somebody help.....I did say what I wanted my email to be originally but you created it differently, Matt......
Jim, the Outlook just delivered some email so seems to have jumped into life so I'm almost there !!!
Thanks so much for bearing with my trials & tribulations.
Lynda X

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Do neither - just create another one and ignore the first completely
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you are using a name other than your username, the sign in is username+prefix  the only one that doent have a "+" is you default one, username@username
Lynda
Grafter

Yayyyyyyyy....I can use the address I want to on my computer so I'm OK now at long last !!
I wanted to make the one I chose the default one but as long as my choice works I will ignore it.
Thankyou all for being so helpful and being here when I was in such dire straits ! I so appreciate your assistance. I've changed ISP's loads of times but it has never been quite so tricky as Plusnet, I have to say !!
Lynda X
Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Looking at it you should be able to rename it but looking at my email account the default was introduced well after I joined Plusnet so I really don't know what significance it has.
However you may need to modify the contact email address here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0 as I suspect it might be the default
Lynda
Grafter

No, it was set to my old TalkTalk one but I've just altered it. Once again, thankyou so much for your kindness, Jim.
Lynda X
Cheesy