cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use my existing email address using Plusnet

jbcplusnet

How to use my existing email address using Plusnet

I have an address: <me>@uk.iofc.org which is my known address. I use Eudora as my email host, which has worked well with me for many years. I have just changed my ISP from Nildram/Opal and used to use my Nildram basic address. How can I access emails to <me>@uk.iofc.org using my Plusnet setup, please?
jim:green On the off chance that you may not want your email address picked up by spam bots I have munged it mod:end
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How to use my existing email address using Plusnet

Basically the same way you always have - the only change is that the outgoing server would need to be relay.plus.net
jbcplusnet

I tried to access my email using the correct server details but the latest error message says: "There has been an error transferring you mail  ... and the POP server said  ERR Temporary problem please try later".
I can get messages through mail2web using my old Nildram email address: <me>@gotadsl.co.uk,  but not <me>@uk.iofc.org.
Glad of more help
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I believe there is a setting within Eudora shown as 'Overlap POP3 commands for better performance' - is that by any chance ticked? If so I suggest unticking it and trying again.
David