cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export contacts from Plusnet Webmail

golfy

How to export contacts from Plusnet Webmail

There is an icon in Webmail to 'Export contacts in vCard format' but this only seems to export 1 contact at a time, which is quite useless for exporting over 400 contacts which we have built up over a period of time. Surely there must be a way to export ALL contacts, at once, into 1 file??
I have tried plusnet support who said...
'Our webmail is basic, you will only be able to export the addresses 1 page at a time. You could also try posting a message on our community forum to see if anyone else has an alternative solution available that we don't know of.'
I can only seem to get 1 contact at a time in each file anyway, let alone a page full (with over 400 contacts that would still be painful)
It would be nice to be able to export groups too, but I suspect that is surely a lost cause?

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: How to export contacts from Plusnet Webmail

Exporting more than one contact into a single file is possible using the same process as for exporting one.
Once you have the contacts list displayed, click the first one to highlight it. Then scroll down the list, to the end if it will go that far (my list fits onto one page). Now hold down the caps key then click the last entry. This should cause all the names to be highlighted. Click the blue export button and it should create a single file containing all the vCard blocks.
David
golfy

Re: How to export contacts from Plusnet Webmail

Thanks - it does work as you say & if I select all from 1st to last page it exports all 400 contacts. The problem was my default program associated with vcf files is Outlook which only shows the first record in the file. I can rename the .vcf to .xls & see all the records, which I can also import into Gmail no problem