Did you mean: 

How to change from pop to Imap

FIXED
tekman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: How to change from pop to Imap

Fix

Good morning David and to everyone else who has contributed to this post.

I have finally solved this issue (up to a point).

Looking back at JonoH post showing the settings, it suddenly occurred to me that I had inadvertently misunderstood and dismissed a setting as incorrect.

In mymail it asks for email and password before it can continue with the account setup procedure (which happens behind the scenes). And as you know it wouldn't authenticate as either my email or password was incorrect (according to the App). The app should have worded things a little differently in my opinion as what it is actually asking for in the email address field is username with the @ic24.net tag added. This is weird  so for example I would add hiif90nju@ic24.net which is not my email address but my username and then enter correct password in the password field. The account then activates accordingly.

The only times I ever needed to use my username in email setups was in Outlook or any other email client and besides the username I only ever needed to use when I connected to the Internet on IC24 when I lived in the UK.

I still find it a little ambiguous the way mymail asks for this information or am I just losing the plot?

Regards

not so Tek

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear you've managed to find a way to resolve the problem.

Let us know if you need any further guidance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Glad to hear you've solved the problem. Thumbs_Up

David
tekman
Hooked
Fixes: 1