cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block a redirected (and obsolete) email address.

Bernard-Shakey
Dabbler

How to block a redirected (and obsolete) email address.

Years ago, I got an email address from an organisation. I had all mail to that address redirected to my plusnet account. This was done by the organisation

That organisation is now defunct, but I am still getting redirected mail from it (mostly, if not completely, spam)

How can I block redirected mail? I appreciate that spammers change their email addy all the time, but this address is fixed. i.e. from: spammers at spammers dot com to: me at defunctorg dot org (redirected to my plusnet address)

Any help appreciated. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): 2 posts released from Spam Filter and duplicate removed.
2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: How to block a redirected (and obsolete) email address.

If the organisation who provided an email address has gone out of business then that should’ve stopped working along with the redirect with it? Has the organisation changed hands to someone else?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: How to block a redirected (and obsolete) email address.

Unless you used an alias for that mail (then you could blacklist it in your mail setup) it does not look possible with the Plusnet options.

Your e-mail client may be able to filter and delete messages that are redirected from "defunctorg dot org" by matching that in the header - possibly a "received from" element. I don't have any redirected e-mails to check.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.